Sign in to follow this  

Installing Bills Race Pipe tomorrow, What jetting?

I need help on jetting. From what I have read it looks like this.

CA model 250X with air box cut to line

Pink wire cut

ridding at 0 to 5000Ft

Main 160

Needle NCYR 4th clip

Pilot 42

Leak Jet 55 (pro circuit) 70 (Bills Pipes) I do not get this

fuel screw 2 turns out

I have a block off kit

Exhaust Bills Race

How does this setup look?

i have the bills pipe. i basically went up one main jet size (jd kit) the pipe is great! huge low end gains, great sound and gains everywhere in the powerband! you can't lose with this pipe! it's cheap too compared with almost all the others and probably better! :) on a side note the header made absolutly no difference in power so i sold it and put the stock header back on.

just put on a bills for 05 r with no changes needed beyond fuel screw adjustments---maybe jetting forum.

leak jet affects fuel squirt--lower# =richer so that 70 is a leaner fuel charge as that jet controls the 'leak' back to bowl.

I would put pipe on & jet from there as needed --

leak jet affects fuel squirt--lower# =richer so that 70 is a leaner fuel charge as that jet controls the 'leak' back to bowl.

Thank you for that bit of info. I noticed that when I dropped down to a 55 leak jet my plug was no longer brown. It was black from being rich. I have read here that the leak will not effect jetting so I would think that I can taylor this rich situation with the fuel screw. Is this correct? I have the R with stock jetting and pipe. Bills looks like a very nice pipe. Is the can very long-does it compare with the PC? Thanks. Mike :)

have'nt seen the pc but the bills can looks smaller diameter than some others with large exhaust opening---very free flowing & loud.

fuel screw affects from idle to around 1/4 throttle which along with the accellerator circuit[leak jet] & needle position affects that response for coming out of corners[low rpm] till you get wide open where needle is retracted from main jet.---I like to jet slightly rich to be on the safe side & keep the combustion heat down---