Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone move the bars 5mm forward on an 05 CRF450r. If so, what do you think??????

I am thinking about moving the bars 5mm forward to get the bars over the center of the forks more. I have no idea why honda makes their mounts on the lower side of the top clamp. Has anyone moved their bars forward on an 05? If so, did you like it. I want to keep my stock triple clamps and I was thinking about buying a set of the factory connection 5mm forward clamps when I put my new pro tapers on. Thanks.

Yes, I'm using an RG3 top clamp that moves them forward and 5mm up also...great improvement. The extra room with them further forward is very nice, makes for a much more roomy cockpit.

One of the 1st things I have to do when I get a new bike is get a Tag upper clamp. It moves the bars 6mm forward and once I got use to it I can't go back.

How tall are you guys? I'm 6'0" even and am thinking of moving up and forward a small amount when I move to 1 1/8" bars. It does feel a bit cramped. I had lower pegs on my 2002 and it felt a bit roomier.

I got a set of Thumper Racing mounts and mod'd them. They move my bars foward 32mm and up 20mm.

When I rode my buddy's 04 with the same bars but stock position mounts, I felt I was riding an XR50.

They move my bars foward 32mm and up 20mm.

Wow! ...can you post a pic of those monsters? Those are Yao Ming sized... :)