Sign in to follow this  

handling a crf450r

hy, for all of you who have crf450s you think a kid my size could handle it?

im 5'6 140 pounds. i just finished coming from a yz85 and ride my dads gas gas ec 300 all the time and can handle it just fine. i am just looking for some one elses opinion.

My son is the same weight. I bought him the CRF250. This bike has been perfect. His lap times have been better and better. He came off of a KTM 125. The answer I will give is don't get the 450. Get the 250, at your weight it will do everything the 450 will.

weight dont have nothing too fo with it.. yes he just came off a 85 but depends what his skill level is... i see alot skinner ppl on 450 now days and they seem too pull alot of holeshots :)

I just think that being the size he is he'd be better off with a 250F because it would not wear him out as fast as a 450F. Yes he could pull a holeshot but would he be able to last the whole race at top speed on the 450? He could easily pull holeshot on the 250F and keep the same pace every lap easier than on the 450.

Thats my opinion as I said before, there is no need to comment on it. Just make your own suggestions. :)

i just finished coming from a yz85
for all of you who have crf450s you think a kid my size could handle it?

Honestly, no. I don't think your weight or height has anything to do with it. If you just came off a YZ85, I would think a 125cc 2 stroke or 250cc 4 stroke would be better for you.

I agree with norcal. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Sure, you can ride the 450, but you won't have much fun. Go with a 250F.

I am the same weight and hight as you, I ride a crf 250 and am very happy with it, could have a bit for power but I have been off 80's for 4 years. You would be massive on an 85 man! Don't even think about getting a 450. Yes you will be able to ride it, but you will be much slower then if you were on a 250f or a 125. How old are you by the way? and do you race? if so what grade