Sign in to follow this  

Tall riders

Better leverage for starting thumpers!! That's about it!

Other half is 6'7"......KTM 525SX

Don't think so........How tall is RC 5"5'?

The bigger you are the harder you fall and the more you weigh.

I'm 6 foot and 120 kgs or 264 pounds and for riding I would rather be smaller :)

I don't think it's a advantage................

I'd rather be about 5'10" instead of 6'5" :)

Leg's are to long and my feet are too big :)

it is lot easier to dab when you have to but you have to duck more. also it seems bikes are always getting taller and at 6"5' i can stand flat footed on my drz with no problem.

Dunno about motocross I have never been in a proper race i just screw around at the track, but for trail riding i believe it's an advantage to be taller (and heavier) because you can manhandle the bike a bit better. Also when you are heavier you are riding the bike not the other way round.

P.S. I am 6'1" and weigh 265 pounds. This changes daily:o :)

P.P.S. Ignore my last sentence if you ride any of the following bikes

KX500

CR500

KTM520 or bigger.

Any open class bike.

For some reason whenever I read your posts I seem to never be able to finish it, or it's read in bits an fragments. It's like I have add or something. :)

I don't think it's too great. Power to weight is always a drag. The ergos are always a little too small since we're not exactly built like Japanese test riders. :) On top of all that, you look like a dork riding too small a bike. I have a picture I was going to post, but I don't have access to that feature. I'm about 15 feet over the top of a dune on my CR500. I look like I'm on an 80. :)

Being taller and having longer legs gives you LESS leverage when kick starting a bike. I think it is better to be tall than short when riding really technical stuff where you need to put your feet down occasionally. I switched to my WR, because I read in a review that the bike was too tall for short riders, it fits me perfectly. My friend is a whole 5'4", and 110 pounds and he is faster than me, but usually take a while to lift his bike back up after a crash. For being fast, and fitting bikes better, its good to be short, if you crash a lot and don't care about racing speeds, its much better to be a big guy.

RC = Short = The best ever

Mike "too tall" Bell = Tall = Not bad, but certainly not the best ever!

I think it is easier being short, when Ricky tranfers from sitting to standing he's almost already there, he looks like his legs are in the same position!

I have never thought about my height/size as a disadvantage. Hell no! You guys could ride alot better if you didn't have such a mental block.

Yes! having big feet is a total dis advantage. Always working on placement. I wear a 15. Still working on it.