Sign in to follow this  

Anywhere to Ride in or around Phoenixville, PA?

Hey guys,

I may be moving from MD to Phoenixville, PA for work purposes. I noticed the nice mountaineous terrain in this area and figured there must be some places to ride. Just wondering if anyone is in or around this area to ride?

Rob

04 KTM 250 exc rfs

99 YZ 250

As far as legal places, there is a pretty good selection within ~1.5hrs of Pheonixville. I live in collegeville (just down Rt. 422 from Pheonixville) and ride these places mostly

www.paragonap.com lots of trails day or season pass

www.tctri.org lots of trails have to be amember

www.rauschcreekracing.com mutiple mx tracks some short trail sections but very fun

www.NJORVP.com mutiple mx tracks

There are also a few other places that are abit farther that I have not been to. This page has links to most of the places in the md,pa,de,nj area

http://www.enduro.4t.com/riding.htm

Pagoda Motorcycle Club

is in Birdsboro, PA not far from Phoenixville. Its a really nice track with good elevation change and nice dirt, you can race there without a membership but practice days require you to become a club member.

Hey Racer,

I was just going to post to see if anyone on here was a member of pagoda. I'm not much of an MXer (trying to get there though), but my 9yo is really getting into it. Do they have a kids track a pagoda or just the race track. Also on pratice days is it just ride as you like, or is it pratice motos

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all the helpful info. I'm more or less interested in trail riding and hope to meet some new riding buddies in PA. If you guys ever need any bike armor, check out www.woodsblaster.com

I can testify to the quality and durability of the product -- handguards, rad guards, etc...

Rob

Hey Racer,

I was just going to post to see if anyone on here was a member of pagoda. I'm not much of an MXer (trying to get there though), but my 9yo is really getting into it. Do they have a kids track a pagoda or just the race track. Also on pratice days is it just ride as you like, or is it pratice motos

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not a member. I've only raced there so i can't comment on much other than that. The MX track is really nice.

Hey Racer,

Thanks

Woodsk, I'm a member. They do have a nice kids track. The track is basically open anytime there is not an event going on and can be ridden by members anytime. These are ride as you like. For the main MX track, when they have Short Track races, the track usually closes two weeks prior for prep. The kids track is basically open all the time.

Pagoda holds organized practices open to the public a couple of times a year. These are in the practice moto format.

How to Join

Info on Joining from our Track Master:

"Still the process is simple for example:

1) Come to our workday Saturday March 5th, help out for a few hours, and ask two members to sponsor you (unless your a goon they will). 2) Show up at two regular club meetings (held every other Thursday evening @ 8:00 PM). The next two are on March 10th and March 24th. 3) Appear at 1 executive board meeting (first meeting of every month). 4) Your acceptance letter will be mailed to you shortly thereafter. That's it...Your in. How long this process takes is entirely up to you. It can be done in as little as a month or as long as several. The longer you wait the longer it will take. Bob"

Rev,

I'll definatly be there on the 5th. My son (and I) are always wanting more time on the bike, but going to rausch or chats is a full day event. And sometimes it just doesn't work. Last year Summer/Fall we were able to ride on atleast three weekends a month, but having a place that is only 35-40min up the road should equal more seat time.

If you are there on the 5th just look for the fat guy in the moose hat.

Sounds good, it'll be a good chance for you to check out the tracks and some people before making a decision. Basically, to maintain a 'track pass', you need to work 6-8 events or work days. Yearly dues are only $15.00 :)

:)

Hey yzmoto77 I live in phoenixville also, I ussually goto rausch creek alot, mostly on saturdays, we also goto englishtowns practice track, maybe we can hook up, Your more than welcome to tag along, As far as riding in phoenixville itself theres nothing, Oh i also goto doublingap racetrack, they have a bunch of saturday practice days scheduled for this year, Do you ride trails or Mx Tracks?.

Pheonixville is not far from me, here in West Chester. I ride locally everyweekend, or more. Its not the best, but if you know where to look and keep ur bikes noise level down you can have some fun. PM me Stinson

Hey Mxmhero - Cool. Yes, I ride mostly trails and have a few nice spots I can share with you. I haven't spent too much time on the track, but would definitely consider trying it out. I have a YZ for that...

I'm surprised no places in Phoenixville...but figure if there are any, they are "low key" places. The terrain in that area is just asking for trails!

Anyhow, my email address is nikitabolo@hotmail.com

I will try to get in touch, when I'm in town. Let me know if you ever want to ride MD. We have some pretty nice places...Later

Rob