Sign in to follow this  

http://xtreme-graphix.net/

Hello.

I was wondering if any of you guys knows this site http://xtreme-graphix.net/

and the service they provide.

I'm thinking of buying some new graphics for my DRZ400 but I'm from Portugal so I'll have to ask them to ship oversea.

Since i don't usually buy stuff on line i don´t know if i souled trust this guys... :)

I really like some of the graphics they have, it will make my ride a unique bike around here.

Hope to have some reply from the experts.

Thank in advance.

Lot's of people here have used their graphics...

I believe the Thumpertalk Tank Graphics are made by them as well...

Just don't plan on puting any on a PLASTIC tank...They'll fall/peel off in

a quick time...But if you're putting them on a METAL tank with the stock

shrouds go for it...Or if you do have a PLASTIC tank and just want

to add some graphics to the shrouds or number plates that's good as well...

There is a special proceedure to follow when installing graphics on a tank.

1st you must empty the tank and let it air out.

2nd you are applying the graphics at room temperature, never cold.

3rd completely clean the outside of your tank. I even use rubing alcohol afterwards.

4th you use some soapy water to apply them

and yea they always seem to peel, I hope I have better luck with my new tt graphics we shall see. I will report back.

They are a great company to do business with. and my tank graphics stuck perfectly to a brand new IMS tank.

They are a great company to do business with. and my tank graphics stuck perfectly to a brand new IMS tank.

Stuck perfectly...How long have they been on (With FUEL in tank)?

3 weeks and countin. why do you know something i dont??

Well, you got me, too. What difference does it make if the fuel is in the tank?

:):):p:D:D:o

For the life of me, I can't see why it would matter, but I don't wanna ruin a perfectly good set of sticks if they're gonna just fall off! ;)

Oh yeah, for the lad across the pond - would it be easier for you to go to their other link:

www.mxbits.com

They are the "sole distributors" for XGX graphics in the UK and Europe

Aproy,

I wish you well on them...It's been my experience with decals on plastic tanks that the glue softens up from the gas vapors...Also usually bubbles...Usually you'll be doing the press/smooth out thing for a while until eventually the adhesive gives out completely...At that point if they haven't fallen off while you were riding you then try to find some adhesive to glue them back on...Usually you just wind up making a mess of the plastic tank and eventually the decals become history...But hey...XGX was supposedly working on new adhesives to make their stuff stick (Although we never really heard back of a successful find)...Maybe you'll have better luck....

I have two bikes with graphic kits on them. They've been on about a year now. On a KLX400 they look as good as the day they were put on. On a XR250 they have peeled back a little at the top of the tank where it curves back to the gas cap. I consider it more of a bad fit than anything. Most of your good tank graphics are perforated for vapors and won't bubble. I just used carb cleaner to get all of the old stuff off, then hot soapy water, followed by just hot water.

i bought a brand new tank, prepped it the way the instructions said to, and then let it sit in a heated basement for a week before putting fuel into it.

when you start brand new without any vapors ever in the plastic, i see no reason for it to bubble.