Sign in to follow this  

how to advice needed (triple clamp )

can someone describe the easiest way to change the top triple clamp on a 02 s, I am thinking of going with brp package deal w/top tc ,scotts stab, and new bars. Would like to change front tire and re-grease stem bearings at same time. Will the forks come out with the bottom tc ,stem ,and forks as one unit? Any info helpful

With what you intend to do, you want to fully dissassemble the front end. Drop the fork tubes out. If all you were doing was replacing the top clamp, you coud leave the forks in place but still remove the front wheel. (takes weight off the forks)

Like Nobel said,, take the few extra minutes to pull the front end down all the way. Fighting with getting things lined up will suck if you try and half ass it. Remove the headlight assembly, front wheel,, stock clamps,, check grease the head bearings, then reassemble with your new parts,

If I was you I would go for an RTT damper. Is less complicated (the Scott has a matrix for high and low damping speed, which might confuse you while riding and not paying attention).

Your mind and left thumb come in place for this matrix; you decide when to shut it off or select medium power!

www.rttmotorsports.com includes tripleclamp for DRZ E & S.

Take care,

Noppy