Sign in to follow this  

Austin, Texas???

It's possible. I'm just feeling it out right now. Seeing what my options are. I could get the hell out of California, buy a killer house in Austin for 250K and live near some great riding. :)

It's possible. I'm just feeling it out right now. Seeing what my options are. I could get the hell out of California, buy a killer house in Austin for 250K and live near some great riding. :)

You won't miss the hills? I would go crazy living on flat ground. But....It is rediculous what we could afford in another state. I figure, by the time I pay off my house it will be worth 1 million dollars. That can buy a lot of chit in some of these third world states... oh well, I aint goin anywhere right now.

Haha, the first thing I thought when Texas was brought up was, "Does Texas have any mountains? Isn't that state flat?"

Someone told me that the Austin area has hills? Hell, I don't know.

austin is the best. beautiful. water, riding, music. its great. i know a great real estate agent there if you need one!!

and texas is not FLAT. its pretty big, and only parts of it are flat (the plains). austin is in "HILL COUNTRY." and the beaches are great (but a bit of a drive from austin.)

One thing that I would have a hard time with is not living so close to the beach. For nearly 30 years I have lived about 20 minutes from the coast.

Hippie Hollow? No?

sooo, barton springs (natural spring fed lake) is in zilker park. last year or the year before, a tour boat was cruising the lake, and capsized when they approached hippie hollow - everyone went to one side of the boat to get a glimpse. hippie hollow is a nude beach.

anyway, there is plenty of water in and around austin, just not actual beach. and the beach is a few hours drive away - no getting around that. but there is town lake, barton springs, lake travis...etc.

have you been to austin?

i've got a trip planned in april - gotta go once every few months just to go.

the tourism board should be paying me for this....

Hippie Hollow? No?
hippie hollow rules! :) i live on the beach myself in galveston,but the austin area is really nice! i just love the beach! there are hills in texas also,just not really big? i think out in west tx there are some mountian :)