Sign in to follow this  

Stonyford this weekend.

Just seeing if anyone wants to hit stonyford this weekend. Seems as if all my "boys " are busy and the weather is going to be nice. Anyone want meet up for a ride?

do you know what the snow level is, would you be able to go across ridge to trails 4 and 6 by the weekend?

Stan

not likely. If I could get to the end of 20 I would be surprised and happy but the snow level is aroud 4000 feet and that is about where 4 starts.

Your welcome to hook up with us.Be there Thur-Sun.were staying in Davis Flats. 3 to 4 rigs including a Gearbox a Vortex small rv and a reg camp trailer .Riding KTMS,Hondas and a DRZ.Looks like weather is going to be good,should be a blast.

We were SERIOUSLY tempted. Unfortunately Pkley has to give a Sunday talk so I'm thinking that might be pushing it a little.

Though let me tell you, I was working all kinds of schemes in my head to figure out a way to make it happen. Then old age set in...darn.

Going to Stony for the first time. Was planning on staying at Davis Flats area. How crouded will it be if I show up Friday night? Bringing the wife , 6year old son, 8 year old daughter, motorhome and trailer. :)

Going to Stony for the first time. Was planning on staying at Davis Flats area. How crouded will it be if I show up Friday night? Bringing the wife , 6year old son, 8 year old daughter, motorhome and trailer. :)
It's a big place,you shoul'nt have any problems finding a spot.My opinion though,if its your first time there in motorhome and trailer you would be better off going in the daytime.

DRZ, rocketgirl is going, and I think i have a couple other guys going. It would be cool if you guys could make it. We were thinking of coming up to redding next weekend. Maybe we can get a ride in then.

Domenic, you aren't going to the clear creek ride? Stonyford will be prime. I am thinking about 9 am at wolf creek(1st stage area) if it isn't full by the time we get there, it fill up fast on warm spring like days. Unless others want to stage at davis flat then we will stage there. Just give me a head count by friday and we can ride. We are kinda planning on sunday but I can ride saturday too and I am not afraid to go there twice in one weekend.

Bob's just trying to piss in our cherrios cause he doesn't know if his clear creek mission is on or not. Stonyford will be open bob, I can be there at 7 am sat if you want to do a few warm up loops as you call them.

Dom. wolf creek is the first staging area. It is about 3-5 miles before davis flat on fout springs road. you drive right past it when going to davis flat. We always try to stage there in the winter or day trips because is saves about 15 minutes of twisty drive time. IT is ideal for accessing all the lower elevation stuff. From wolf creek you can ride a 40 mile loop and just barely touch the snow, and you don't have to deal with all the yahoo's. We can meet at the store. I am starting to think saturday is the better day. if bobs rain dance doesn't keep the rain away, sunday might make for a damp ride.

:D Awwwww Dom,

I was hoping you'd be modeling for us! You big hunkie pooh! :)

P.S. There is stuff at Stonyford that makes Foresthill, Carnegie, Elkins, Georgetown, look like "It's a Small World" at Disneyland! :p

Come on Clear Creek! I'm so excited! :)

how was it ? we are going camping there april 8,9,10 how much will be snowed in do u think its worth going up there yet ? we where going to go to foresthill but it looks like to much snow still ,thanks alot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

It will be worth it unless it is raining heavily.

Even when it does rain it isn't that much and I can't recall a time when it closed. The place drains quickly and is rideable day after rain. Even if the snow was like it was in Nov/Dec (down to 3000-ft -) that place is still worth going to. I think the snow over there is up around 5000-ft. Call the ranger station and ask them.

That place is the best.

Stonyford would be great too. I am trying to get to Clear Creek (new place and sweet time of year). But, if everyone flakes I may just try and keep up with the Chico Dawgs at Stony. Either way Gentelman, it's all about the ride. Of course there is a National Hill Climb at Carnegie, but with a whole shit-load of traffic.....Later

We were there last Sunday and the trail conditions were awesome.

We didn't get to the upper elevations as it started to POUR right after noon and the transmission on our truck decided to DIE. (It only took eight hours to get home :naughty: .)

So yeah, REALLY crappy day. At least we got to ride for a few hours.

We were there last Sunday and the trail conditions were awesome.

We didn't get to the upper elevations as it started to POUR right after noon and the transmission on our truck decided to DIE. (It only took eight hours to get home :naughty: .)

So yeah, REALLY crappy day. At least we got to ride for a few hours.

You'll be back because of the :naughty: factor.

Sorry about the tranny woes.

Yamadog, we are staying local this weekend. Going to ride up on the ridge Saturday and maybe sunday(with the wife).