Sign in to follow this  

XR4 to a YZ450F

I have only ridden my XR4 for about 10 months, my first bike in 25 years. I didn't really test ride any other bikes before buying the XR. So yesterday a guy let me take a spin on his 04 YZ450F, HOLY COW :) I had no idea the modern MX 4 strokes ran like this. That thing was a beast, no torque but what a screamer. My riding skills must be less than average given all the big MX thumpers out there. Looks like my XR will need to last as long as I do cause I would hurt myself on one of those really quick trying to do single track trails. Surely Honda will realize not everyone wants to or can ride these things and bring back the XR's.

Try taking out a modded xr650r. More torque than you think is possible. I got some guy that lives by me with a huge motocross track and he has a old crf450 that he will let me take out and mess around with. I agree with you. What is going to replace the xr400. Are we just going to have to buy a drz?

Yeah, the new mx thumpers are sweet. When I bought my 99 xr400 I had a buddy that let me ride his 98 yz400. I could not believe I was on a 4 stroke. The new bikes are that much better even now.

pingman, the XR4 and other 450s aren't the best for single track. An old XR250 or even better, a newer CRF250X or YZ250F would rip on the single track. Try riding a 250cc bike and you will feel like a better than average rider, and single track will be 10 times more fun. :)