Sign in to follow this  

2005 cylinder heads

Still waiting, They are backordered :) Anyone know when they will be in stock ? I'm ready to ride. I'm so desperate to ride I jumped on my 1973 Honda TL-125 this weekend. What a turtlechaser !!!!!

Not sure but I heard a few guys had no issues getting theirs, maybe they got lucky or hit a dealer who happen to have them.

I just had our 04 head done by Forward Motion :):) .

Our spare 04 head willbe sent out to them once we return from the next GNCC rounds. No need to waste cash on the 05 head as their stuff out performs it in a heartbeat. :p

Yes, I am bias but .... Rich's stuff is nasty, I am sure RHC does just as good if not better.

Crower has them in stock...all ported and ready to go. And they are pretty!

Check out crowerpower . com

Mine is backordered as well.....I am getting ansy, I want to get a new piston in there at the same time...the 2005 head is getting all new valves, keepers, springs along with a J&E piston from RHC....

I was at Service Honda on Tuesday and they said the head is backordered until March 4th. The wait is almost over......

Are you guys putting this 05' head on O4 X's ?

Will it fit ?

What are the improvements over the 04 head ?

Pardon my ignorance, but I did a search and found nothing.

Mine is going on a 2004 R model. It's almost cheaper than paying to have the old head redone with the added benifit of more low and midrange from revised porting in 2005. If you can get one. :)

Billy

The head will fit fine. Cylinders are a tad different.

Green

The 05 head will be a good improvement over the 04 head for overall power and feel. We rode an 05 and liked the power. Junior can't wait for things to fire up in the eastcoast series :)

I'm still waiting around as well. Early March?!? I'll believe it when I see it on my front door step. If I HAVE to, I'm probably going to reshim, yet again, to squeeze a couple more rides in before the new head arrives.

Can anyone tell me what else I'll need when I put this new head on? I have new valves, new springs, the cylinder head gasket and the valve stem seals. Any other teeny-tiny parts that I'm missing?

And since I'm waiting around, I am realizing that I may as well replace the piston. I'm guessing I need a ringset as well as the piston. Can I reuse the piston pin? Is it wise to replace the crankshaft, or is that just overkill?

Thanks

If you get it from an aftermerket company it come with all the rings and a wrist pin. I got a JE hi comp piston for mine. :)

Your crank should be fine. If you need a good price and ur in Norcal go to Carmichael Honda and in parts ask for Eric, tell him Jimmy sent ya.

Why exactly are you guys getting new heads?

1. for us 2004 owners, the 05 head makes better low and mid due to smaller/reshaped intake porting...more velocity...

2. spare heads, I intend to freshen up my 04 head and have it as a spare so I will never have down time if I happen to have any valve issues...I may get it ported too...

New intake port has better oval shape and better flow. Not to mention the new valve seats/guides and big bore kit!

I just finished porting and flow testing an 05 head it kicks the 04 heads but. port cross section alows a continuous taper right to the valve seat throat and it keeps flowing clear to .450 lift .

I just finished porting and flow testing an 05 head it kicks the 04 heads but. port cross section alows a continuous taper right to the valve seat throat and it keeps flowing clear to .450 lift .

I will assume the 05 head is alot less work than the 04 to get it to flow.

WooHoo !!! My head was just shipped from Service Honda. :)

Greenbunch... when did you order it? Do you remember?

I'm still waiting, but it sure would be nice to be doing a break-in ride this Sunday instead of buying more overpriced shims. :)

K - thanks GB.

You motivated me to call S.Honda today... mine is shipped! :):)

[edit] I ordered mine January 27.

I *should* be getting it today or tomorrow, & be ready for a Sunday early-spring ride.