Sign in to follow this  

1st 4-stroke

i bought my first 4 stroke ( a crf450 ) coming off a cr 250 with a full race motor i am very impressed.... however it needs a little more i already have a full titanuim pipe and excell wheels any sugestions to make this bike a little quicker and still reliable as i do alot of trail riding as well as racing thanks in advance for the imput

i am very happy with it but my 250 had a national motor that was quicker then the 450 just looking for a little more punch

the 450 is easier to hillclimb with but coming out of corners i dont think you could beat that 250 and thats what im looking for just a little more snap

What year was your 250 and what year is your 450? Who did the 250 motor? J/W Do you race MX? Maybe to get a little more snap you could go with a new ignition. Or perhaps an iCAT. :)

Josh #00

What pipe did you put on it? Sometimes the pipe makes the low end feel smoother and not as agressive. Why dont you just try regearing it?

i do a little mx mostly hillclimbing and trail riding the motor was done by pro-action ....... the pipe i put n the 450 is a fmf ull titanaim .... i do agree it is smoother but lap times are down from the 250

I rode a two stroke YZ250 and I too did notice it was more snappy, but then it QUICKLY revved out and you were forced to shift. If you could get the snappiness of the 2 strokes with the constant wide power on the CRF 450 you would have one MEAN bike.