Sign in to follow this  

where are ktm bikes made

They're made in Mattighofen, Austria. It's due north of Salzburg about halfway to the German border.

Cheers,

Mac

They're made in Mattighofen, Austria. It's due north of Salzburg about halfway to the German border.

Cheers,

Mac

Halway to the German border from WHERE? :):p

I tried to get my wife to go to the KTM and Mercedes plant a few months ago. Since her Gramma was dying it cast a gloom, and she was not into it. :D:D

Yeah, KTMs are Austrian. The "M" in "KTM" is for the town, Mattighoffen. The K and T are from the 2 guys that started it all. Klause und Tobias? Hah? I dunno for sure, but a KTM Mechanic told me this. Makes sense.

The name's origin is not on the website. :)

Everybody prior to MXJunkys post is WRONG!!!!!

Each year, in the preceding few months to December, all the little boys and girls of the world write up and send their wish lists to Santa Claus. When each of the wish lists have been tallied, Santa puts his happy little elves to work, hand making each KTM to order. Then, all in one night, Santa delivers to new, elf-hand-made bikes to all the respective KTM dealers in the world! So you see, boys and girls, KTMs are neither made in Europe, nor Japan. They are made in the North Pole!

Halway to the German border from WHERE? :):p

I tried to get my wife to go to the KTM and Mercedes plant a few months ago. Since her Gramma was dying it cast a gloom, and she was not into it. :D:D

Yeah, KTMs are Austrian. The "M" in "KTM" is for the town, Mattighoffen. The K and T are from the 2 guys that started it all. Klause und Tobias? Hah? I dunno for sure, but a KTM Mechanic told me this. Makes sense.

TBB is right Cycle World did a nise report on their secret street bikes, Can remeber if it was Santa and Toby or not though. :o

They are made in the North Pole!

Prior to being named North Pole it was called Keeblonia.

Originally Posted by MotoMac

>> Halway to the German border from WHERE? <<

Halfway between Salzburg and the German border, going north. I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess not...

Cheers,

Mac

Halway to the German border from WHERE? :p:)

close, but the names were the founders surnames, konrief,trunkenpolz, of mattighoffen

KTM's ARE Austrian BUT I think they do the actual assembly in another country - Italy(?) Not sure of the exact country but I'm pretty sure it's not Austria anymore.