Trail tech computer?

FWIW, i ordered one for my '04 yesterday. When I talked to them, I asked about the difference between the 2005 (#300-20) & 1998-2004 (#200-20) models & they said that the wire lead for the pickup is about 10" shorter on the '05 because of the direct route or "CR style" line routing. I mention this only because I'm switching over to CR style routing, so I got the '05 kit instead.

One word of advice on installing the trail tech sensors. The instructions are wrong. You need to install the sensor 1/2" further from the axle on the brake caliper mount to avoid funky and double reads from the magent. ?

Do you know what the measurement they were giving was? I'll be getting the "new" '05 one this week, & am curious if they've changed their instructions to account for the problem.

Well they're not quite identical. The old Trailtech was the straight Panoram. It was replaced a couple of years ago with the Trailtech Panoram Endurance which allows incremental mileage resets as well as enhanced durability. If you ride dual sport events or enduros the increment reset function is almost a necessity. Also with the bicycle version you do not get the pickup and harness that are designed for MC use though it can still be made to work. I have one of each (Panoram and Endurance). The older Panoram unit has had a few problems along the way but the Endurance has been solid so far.

Do you know what the measurement they were giving was? I'll be getting the "new" '05 one this week, & am curious if they've changed their instructions to account for the problem.

When you get the instructions you will see a hand sketched picture of the sensor and magnet bolt position. You want to move the sensor so that the tip of the sensor picks up the magnet! This results in moving the sensor a half inch futher away from axle to get the uiti to work accurately. I have advised many TT members on this and it does work for all of them as well. ?

i have had 2 both have messed up.......i take them off for washings even.....maybe its just bad luck???

they seem to be very fragile ..........

is there any other speedo i can use on my bike less sensitive to teh eliments?? i know there is the ICO or watchdog but those are so expensive isn't there anything other than trail tech.........im putting a WR odometer on my YZ but i still need speedo function for enduros......

any suggestions, i wil not buy another trail tech compter....

ok im having problems with mine aswell what setting should i have mine at i have a 2000 wr400f

Have you tried marking your tire and measuring the distance of one revolution? If you don't trust your measurements, you can go a longer distance (> one revolution) and divide by the number of revolutions. That way the slop that you have at either end won't have as great an impact on your result.

I also have the Trailtech Panoram Endurance computer or should I say this is my third one. The first one did not work out of the box and the company replaced it. The second one lasted about six months of hard riding but it too went sneakers up ? I found a small crack in it even though I have the protector for it. The third one is working good for now and it has been about a year. I am very careful not to get it wet when I clean the bike. I have been told it does not handle cleaning agents very well, especially Simple Green. On the up side I do like it for what it does do. I keep track of my riding pace and service intervals. I just wish they would be a little beefier. ?