Sign in to follow this  

Glamis this weekend 26th/27th???

Me and a couple friends are cruising to Glamis this weekend. All of them are heading out from San Diego except me, I'll be heading down from Prescott, Az. Anyone else going to be out there? We'll have a small group, two CRF450s and 2 quads...

Khris

maybe if I could keep up with you guys I would lol, and I already have some plans to go to the Adelanto GP with some people. How's AZ doin for ya bro?

Me and a couple friends are cruising to Glamis this weekend. All of them are heading out from San Diego except me, I'll be heading down from Prescott, Az. Anyone else going to be out there? We'll have a small group, two CRF450s and 2 quads...

Khris

I'm heading to Ocotillo Wells this weekend but I saw your from Prescott.

My company just landed a new contract up there so I'll be spending more time up there this year. I plan on having my bike with me most of the time.

Any good places to ride in Prescott?

Eric

i just got back from Prescott :) we checked out alto pit??

where are the good places to ride out there???

anyhow i didnt have the bikes we were visiting the inlaws - they just moved to PV from the hills of the old part of Prescott. i plan on going back out and brining the bikes :)

jeff :p

LOL, unfortunately you're asking the wrong guy as far as Prescott riding... I've only lived here for about 7 weeks now and out of those have only managed one ride. I will say this though, that one ride was seriously the best single track short of one trail I know of in Baja that I've ever ridden in close to 20 years on the bike. I moved up here from San Diego and don't regret or miss it at all, yet... Housing is stupid cheap. I'm actually renting in Prescott Valley, 3 year old house, 2 bed, 2 bath, garage, etc... $625/month!!! Compare that to SoCal!!!

I've heard the riding around here is killer... You're a little over an hour to the desert which is where I did the one ride which is A LOT different then Ocotillo Wells, Jonson Valley, Lucerne, etc... Red dirt and crazy stuff, can you say CACTUS!!!!!!! LOL, elbow guards are a must for both rocks and cactus!!! This is similar to what I rode but we had tons of elevation changes, narrow ridgelines to skirt, canyons, etc...

http://www.rockstarsmc.com/httpdocs/pics_vids/Rock_Stars_Ranch_Bits_C_Loop.mpg

When it gets too hot down there supposedly people ride in the mountains around here and up in Flagstaff which is only a little over an hour. I want to explore and see if there's any riding in the Sedona area, talk about scenic!!! The summer temps around here are supposed to be bearable in the 90s. I want to know what's up around the Grand Canyon also, it's on the list... I need to hook up with someone that can ride almost every weekend cause I'm getting close to having an open schedule and $$$ to support it again!!!!

Unfortunately I've gone through about 3 months of no job (not collecting un-employment) and then moving expenses and I just paid cash for a Cherokee so I've been skimping and have basically drained the savings so riding $$$ has been tight but it's coming back so I'll be out riding more and buying more gas, tires and gear to feed the addiction... Hopefully within a couple months I'll be a good riding guide for any TTer's or old SoCal friends that want to come tour!!!

BTW, Glamis is 4 hr drive and Oco Wells/Truckhaven is about 5 hrs...

What's up Josh...

Jeff, I think we met at a Oco ride last year with a bunch of TTer's. May have been the one that Alan got injured on. I was on the white CRF with the red ford Exploder...

Khris

I think we met at a Oco ride last year with a bunch of TTer's. May have been the one that Alan got injured on.

Hey, Khris

Yep - that was the trip :)

I will shoot you a PM next time i get out that way - we go about 4 times a year.

Iam sure the riding out there is epic i drove around and checked out Chino Valley,Paulden,PV, and Dewey but i didnt see any tracks on any of the hills????

who knows i might move out that way also?

and retire :):p:D

Jeff

My parents are about 2 years from retirement but they're sooooo far towards it that they've already sold the house and are living in the $400K tour bus... Anyways, they were out this weekend on their way back through from a 2 week vacation from San Diego to Texas and back... I'm hoping to buy something within a year out here so we were driving around looking at houses. My dad was fighting the urge HUGE to buy one place we looked at and just rent it to me cheap until I could buy myself. I think after just this one weekend my mom and dad were convinced that they're going to end up here!!! That place they were fighting off is in Chino Valley. I work on the North side of Chino Valley... LOL, how about a 20 mile drive that I can do in 18 minutes during rush hour!!! Try that in San diego!!! LOL

I was convinced Prescott Valley would be the place to buy but after this weekend I too am liking Chino Valley. I think PV will appreciate faster but Chino Valley could house a 50 track in the yard with no complaints from the neighbors!!! I guess the difference is am I looking for a quicker investment or am I in this area for the long haul... I've only been here 7 weeks so I'm in no way going to think about that yet. We'll give it another couple months to make sure the job is still solid and I'm liking it and see what a summer is like now that I know what an "extreme" winter is since the entire South West is getting nailed this winter!!!

For sure get in touch when you're in the area, worse case scenario it's a 1:15 minute drive to the desert for some good single track but hopefully I'll know the local stuff I've heard about. I haven't seen it either but have "heard" about it...

Khris

Hi Khris.

I wondered where you had been hiding as I haven't seen you post much lately. I am on a quad now for stability (Z400) but at least its riding! I went out to Ocotillo 2 weeks ago and went to Superstition via pole line. Very muddy but the flowers are awesome as the whole side of Superstition was covered in purple. I saw Jeff out there a few months back and his 2 yr old was kickin butt on a 50 with training wheels. My friends were at Glamis yesterday over the weekend and there were flash floods with a few tents in low lying campgrounds floating away - surfs up! If you get out to Ocotillo let me know as I am still out there twice a month and ride with Mike Socal once in a while. The neck is better but not 100%. Take care

T-Diddy

What's up Diddy!!! Yeah, I up and moved!!! Did a short stint in Parker AZ. working for a complete A-hole that lasted about 4 weeks. After I'd had enough and told him to F-Off I did a 3 month job search from Parker. The good thing about that was I could ride right out my front door which also happened to be about 20 feet off the river. 60 mile loops were no problem after gearing up in my bedroom!!!

I'm up in Prescott area now for a job that I landed. Didn't want to head back to So Cal cause it's too cheap anywhere else... I was out at Truckhaven about 2 weekends ago (superbowl weekend). Did the ride out to Shell Reef and back. I saw photos of Ocotillo Wells from this past weekend and heard about rivers crossing the highway. Sounds slimy!!! I'm going to try and make at least one run to oco this season still. It's a 5 hour drive and if I do it before the time change I'll have that working for me so I can even get out there at a decent time Friday evening. Drive home will suck though!!!

Khris