Sign in to follow this  

Maintanence Schedules.

Hey Whats Up?

I was wondering what other people's maint. schedule is like with their 450's? I've seen guys that have over 200 hours on their 450's with out even opening the motor up yet. No valve our piston troubles. This will be my 2nd year having my 02 CRF 450 which I bought used. I've replaced valves (twice...2nd time with KW kit) and now I need a new top end and crank assembly (the top of the rod egged out). Thanks for your info.

Josh #00

I have an 02 with well over 250 hours,did a top end and new valves at about 200 hours,I now have an 05,I log every thing I do to my scooters in a small note book,date ect and work preformed ,I change oil and tranny fluid every 3 rides,I have a stainless oil filter I clean each change,I have 4 air filters ,change the air filter each ride,grease the suspension twice a year,change suspension fluids a minimum of twice a year,after each ride it goes to the car wash for cleaning,I get it homeI tighten the chain if needed,lube the chain,wd 40 the motor,silicone spray the under side of the fenders to keep mud from sticking ,armorall the plastic,check for loose fastners,check coolant check lube oil and tranny fluid,then I go in and clean me up.

How much is an hour meter? Could you tell me some things about this? How it works and connects to what etc. Thanks.

Josh

Sears has hour meters in the lawn mower dept. I think they are like $28.00. They come with a small gauge wire that wraps around your spark plug wire and picks up the pulse. Check out this thread and see where Throttlejockey mounted his. Hour Meter