Sign in to follow this  

Light sw part # for the XR400

After recommondations from the board :) I ended up going the cheap way on the light for now, ordering the Honda glass lens and going to get a 55 watt H3 bulb. Does the BD one have a H3 or H4 bulb?

I've read on here that it is a H3 but BD says a H4, which one can I use with the stock stator?

I would like to use a switch like the one in the BD kit, does anyone know the Honda OEM part # for this? Is it a 3-position switch on/off hi/lo beam?

Is it easy to hook up?

Thx

I've read on here that it is a H3 but BD says a H4, which one can I use with the stock stator?

I would like to use a switch like the one in the BD kit, does anyone know the Honda OEM part # for this? Is it a 3-position switch on/off hi/lo beam?

Is it easy to hook up?

Thx

H4 just works with stock stator, turn signals will not work at idle with HL on. I wire them and brake to the Tail light output from switch then only turn switch to park position and not headlight in day time.

Use Euro-Honda switch from Four Strokes Only.

The BD Lighting Upgrade kit for the XR4 has an H3 bulb, not an H4 like BD states. If only it was an H4, it would would make a great factory looking DS kit. The H3 bulb is not hi/lo, so you just need a 2 position switch if you switch it at all. I'd leave it on myself so the regulator isnt strained so much.

The stock stator should marginally power a 55W bulb.