Scotts Damper

Yes, dampners rule at high speeds. I prefer RTT though. I think it is more innovative and they have incredible customer service. Check them out at RTTmotorsports.com or do a search in this forum for steering stabilizers, dampners or Scotts, RTT, GPR and you'll get a good idea of what people are riding and why. The subject has been pretty wel hashed-out so there's a lot of info available.

Yes, dampners rule at high speeds. I prefer RTT though. I think it is more innovative and they have incredible customer service. Check them out at RTTmotorsports.com or do a search in this forum for steering stabilizers, dampners or Scotts, RTT, GPR and you'll get a good idea of what people are riding and why. The subject has been pretty wel hashed-out so there's a lot of info available.

I just just took my Scott's off and installed a Rtt for those reasons. Scott's is a pain to work with. Go with the Rtt. And yes stabilizers are a must have for high speed desert riding.

Put a GPR on my 05 a few weeks ago - huge difference at high speeds! Sand washes wide open with no headshake whatsoever. After suspension, the most noticeable improvement I have made to the bike! Haven't tried it on the track yet, however.

I have an RTT, and it rocks! I was tough stomaching the expense, but I'd gladly do it again! The bike is so much calmer @ high speeds, in whoops, and in ruts, and it's a lot less tiring to ride. The remote adjustability is awesome...just kick it up when you come upon a high speed straight or whoops, and go back to normal after you're done.

I have a Scotts on my 04 and love it. Most of the guys I know use Sotts, some of my friends have GPR and are very happy. I made a big mistake when I got mine and tightened it down too much while at high speed then hit some tight technical stuff and couldn't steer. Now it's preset and never touch it. I can't say for sure Scotts is better, but would't ride without it.

Do you feel that a stabilizer would help someone in rocky, or tight, rutted woods riding?

Yes...more so if you are fast.

With a scotts you can turn the low speed damping all the way down to zero so its like not having a stabilizer at low sweep speeds and turn the hi speed up so the stabilizer catches when a root, rock or rut grabs you and wants to have its way with you...THAT right there is why scotts is better then ANYONE else.

Maybe it's a "you don't know how much better it could be" thing but I adjust my GPR to #4 and haven't touched it once in the past season of riding. Only time I adjust it is I put it down to 1 moving it around the garage and that's it... I've never had the urge to even want to be able to adjust the high speed adjustment... To me if I bought the scotts I'd be paying extra money for something I don't use...

ThanX for all the input. I just ordered my Scotts Triple clamp, Pro-taper, combo, with chilie fries to boot. You know the $599 nutt. Cant wait though, looks like a sweet set-up. Should be just the thing for 5th gear!

Oh, and my Utah Skid plate is on the way! (Wow, wifes gonna be pissed if I dont take her out!)