Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Just want to share my experiences with O2 Sports (an eBay store)

I want to first off say, do not buy from O2 Sports. They are an eBay based store.

Heres my story:

Around October I find some Carbon Fiber Guards for my bike (04 450 MXC). They guards did not have any bids on them so I figured what the heck and I made a $0.01 bid on them. I ended up winning the auction, shipping was $9.95 but still the guards were 1 cent so I didn't mind paying 10 bucks for some carbon fiber guards. So I wait a week and a half and the guards have still not come. I get impatient and contact the company, they finally answer me in 2-3 days saying they have shipped the guards. So I get the package here and I open it up and it turns out there is only one side, the other is missing. And the thing is that side I got did not fit either side of my bike. I find the company's phone # and call them, I get no one on the phone so I leave a message. I wait two days and no answer yet, so I call again and still no anwer. This time I leave a message very angry with them and i made that known in the message. Sure enough I get a call 15 minutes later.

Well I explained my problem to the guy and he said he will send out a new pair of guards. I get the guards 2 weeks later and I open them up and this time there is both sides. So i go to fit them on my bike and what do I come to find out, neither of hem fit my bike. Keep in mind the auction i bidded on was for an 04 KTM 250-525.

Well the next day I call and email them. I wait two months December time I think and I finally get an answer back from them. I explain to them that I am a little pissed because of their lack of service. The lady understood and she said to right a letter to them explaining the situation and to give them my contact info, and what I want them to do to resolve this.

In the letter I just said that I would like my money back. Well today I just got in the mail an invoice and $0.01 in a letter from them. Picture of the invoice below. And the thing is they refunded the 1 cent for the guards no what I paid in shipping.

scan20050222_162739.jpg

See how it says:

this auction was for KTM 250-525!

Dont you think if the auction was for an 04 KTM 450 that the guards would actually fit of my bike.

Well alls I can say now is beware of buying from O2 Sports of eBay. Oh and they have many different names. One of them being 3A Paintball.

Did you leave them neg feedback? I would have slammed them, I've bought a lot off ebay, I restore muscle cars for my second sickness, I've been taken for about $300 bucks off ebay, I only buy from people with 100% positive feedback now.

Save yourself some grief and just write it off.

Ebay will tell you to fill out 800 stupid forms, try to proove you contacted the idiots and in the end you will jump through hoops for $10 or $20. Even if you jump through hoops I seriously doubt you would get anythig back. :)

If you have done any amount of business on ebay you have been ripped off at least a couple times by now. I only had one bad purchase for $75, but have heard so many horror stories. I also busted some kid trying to rip me off $200 by calling his house and leaving a very nice message on his mommy's answering machine. :p:D:D

Pay very close attention to the sellers feedback before purchase. Try and get a real phone # from the seller prior to paying. Use Paypal as a rule. Never send an item out without making sure the check has been approved by the bank (and for that matter don't take checks from anywhere but the good 'ol USA) :o

Ebay can be good. ;)

Ebay can be bad. :)

Hearing stuff like that gets my blood pressure going. I'm a pretty laid back guy but there comes a point when you're trying to do the right thing and take the right steps that you just snap. I had a similar experience with a local store that sells electronics and such. After a bunch of trips that cost me time and money, I finally got pretty agressive and rude with the store manager to a point that I thought I would have the cops called on me. He backed down and personally took care of it. A little strong-arming is what it took to get my justice.

Just pay with your credit card. If you are not satisfied with the purchase, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Credit cards afford better protection than the run-around you get from eBay and PayPal when it comes to this stuff.

I haven't been ripped off by ebay yet, but the big bore kit I bought required a special wrist pin that wasn't included with the purchase... Luckely the person that sold my bigbore kit to me was kind enough to send me the correct wrist pin free of charge. I have had quite a few problems with paypal though...