Sign in to follow this  

Die when WOT, jetting issue?

Hello,

It's winter here in Canada but I still test my bike in the shop. :)

I notice that if I pull the throttle has fast a I can (or really fast), from idle (or slow RPM), the ignition stop. I have to drop the throttle quickly to keep the engine running.

I did un-corked and re-jet: main 132, pilot 45, needle 4th, snorkel out.

I just want to know if its normal or its a jetting issue (or even a winter temp issue even if it's inside). :)

Thank you

Cedric

do us a favor, list ur altatude, average winter temp and summer temp.

then we can tell ya :)

sorry dude, i checked for a converter online to chage celcus to feriheight but i had no luck...... could re-send me thoes #'s in ferinheight???

Thanks

never mind, found one.... its gnna take a while......brb

alright here we go, here are the numbers,

winter, 23 f -14f summer,68f - 77f

yea, this is going to be too lean for your bike, i reccomend a 132-123 main, 45-46 piolet and needle clip on the 4th setting for ~your~ summer.

For ~your~ winter i'm not too sure, it never gets that cold here.

yes, for an average est.77 f and up. But since ur weather is so cold ur gonna have troble if ya jet it any leaner. (smaller jet)

Cedric,

The condition you explain is normal. The small CRF's do not have an accelerator pump in the carb. If you wick the throttle open too fast, it will blow out the candle.

You will need to be a little slower with your throttle action. Typically, most people do not ride and pin the throttle quite like you mention in your post.

Wait until you can take the bike out and ride it to determine how it really runs.

Mike

so ur your saying to run a 132 main in -5c weather!!!!?????? what ever, not my bike

When I rejetted I did the same thing, had it in neutral, snap the throttle wide open, and it died. I thought there was something wrong, but after some searching the forum, its normal for the style carb our bikes use. If your out riding though, snap the throttle wide open, it doesnt die on you.