Sign in to follow this  

Blood under calusses

Okay, so I went riding for the for the first time in a couple weeks today, and got three good laps in. But now I have a blood pocket about the size of a dime under the calus (sp) of my left pinky. I can tell it is going to be a very sore tomorrow. Any tips on getting it to heal up faster?

Thanks,

Cory

Any tips on getting it to heal up faster?

Leave it alone. It will heal on its own the quickest. When it eventually does break you will find that there is actually very little blood mixed with fluid.

:)

Leave it alone. It will heal on its own the quickest.

You sond just like my mother! I was afraid that somebody would say that. Does anyone know exactly what causes this?

Cory

I get them all the time after a 100+ mile race. It really is not as bad as it looks. Like I said mostly fluid with a little blood mixed in for color.

:)

I ripped a calused hole in the web of my thumb while riding yesterday. The skin was torn and folded back somewhat, some dude at the track told me to put ice on it (duh). I did and wrapped it with gauze and a band aid and rode for another half hour, today the freekin thing is not as bad as yesterday and pretty much healed. I've learned as soon as it happens, ICE IT!