Sign in to follow this  

DR200SE mods...

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums and I've got a question for the DR200SE owners out there. What have you modified and where did you get the parts? I love my DR200SE, but there seems to be no aftermarket support for it.

I have searched the archives here and see that some people have done some modifications, but I don't know where they got the parts.

The biggest thing for me is to get a little more power. I love the ride height, the weight, and the suspension. I just want to be able to cruise down the highway a little better when I'm back on the road. It'll do 70mph (according to my GPS), and I'm pretty happy with that, but if there's a head wind or an incline I'm screwed.

If anyone has piped/rejetted their bikes, can you share what you bought and the settings? I've never modified the exhaust or intake on a bike without having a kit that was specific to the bike.

I've done exhaust, intake, and jetting mods to my ATV (KFX400), so I'm not adverse to taking apart/modifying/replacing my exhaust, airbox, or carbuerator. :)

Also, anyone know of an online store that sells any aftermarket goodies for the bike? I'd like a rear rack, but haven't been able to find anything from Happy Trail, Rocky Mountain ATV, or the other usual dual-sport places.

Thanks!

TheTooth

---

'03 DR200SE

'03 KLR650

'03 KFX400

'96 VFR750

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums and I've got a question for the DR200SE owners out there. What have you modified and where did you get the parts? I love my DR200SE, but there seems to be no aftermarket support for it.

I have searched the archives here and see that some people have done some modifications, but I don't know where they got the parts.

The biggest thing for me is to get a little more power. I love the ride height, the weight, and the suspension. I just want to be able to cruise down the highway a little better when I'm back on the road. It'll do 70mph (according to my GPS), and I'm pretty happy with that, but if there's a head wind or an incline I'm screwed.

If anyone has piped/rejetted their bikes, can you share what you bought and the settings? I've never modified the exhaust or intake on a bike without having a kit that was specific to the bike.

I've done exhaust, intake, and jetting mods to my ATV (KFX400), so I'm not adverse to taking apart/modifying/replacing my exhaust, airbox, or carbuerator. :)

Also, anyone know of an online store that sells any aftermarket goodies for the bike? I'd like a rear rack, but haven't been able to find anything from Happy Trail, Rocky Mountain ATV, or the other usual dual-sport places.

Thanks!

TheTooth

---

'03 DR200SE

'03 KLR650

'03 KFX400

'96 VFR750

I have done my exhaust & jetted my Dr200. Here is where to look: http://www.kientech.com/ the guys name is Jesse...here is the quote from the info I received "Jessie at Kientech engineering has everything you need. You will want to get the velocity stack for the air box lid, send in your pipe and he will mod it for $50, go up one on the pilot and the main and get his extended fuel screw and you will be very happily suprised. The only thing I haven't done to my wifes bike is send in the exhaust, but I will be soon. It comes very lean from the factory and just opening up the air box and properly jetting will really improve the performance. You could also go down one on the front sprocket but my wife rips the hell out of hers bouncing of the limiter and can really pull out fast enough to scare me and make me up her life insurance policy!"

I am actually having the jetting done tomorrow, but I just got the exhaust back yesterday and it is starting to open it up more. i love my bike just want more power. Any more questions private message me or I you come across more info let me know...hope this helps

fireman

Thanks, Fireman.

I saw that info in the archives and looked up that guy's site. He didn't list anything for the DR200 on it, so I sent him an email for more information.

It's good to know that he has stuff for the bike that isn't listed. :)

I'll definately let you know if I come across anything else. Thanks again...

- TheTooth

your welcome...he is going to add pics of my pipe that he modified when is webman gets back...good luck to you

Sure enough, he sent pictures of pipes. I guess they are yours. :)

I'm going to take off my pipe this weekend and send it in to him for modification. Thanks for the information.

your welcome...it really opened the bike up...now it doesn't sound like a moped, nor run like one! Good luck