Sign in to follow this  

Installed new pipe on my boys xr80

I put an fmf powercore 4 pipe on the little 80, and holly smokes...it's like a different bike! More power from top to bottom, and it sounds awesome! My boy is now a baby thumper :) i was just excited about this, and thought i'd share.

i also have the powercore4 on my xr80, it also is way better sounding, i love the change

The bog is normal for a 4 stroke. They don't like "quick twist to the throttle", especially from an idle. The engine has a had time dealing with the large amounts of air from the quick snap of the throttle.

Sarge you don't have that CRF or XR over there in Iraq with you do you? Just kidding!

I'm thinking about doing the same thing for my boy's xr80. Where did you end out on the jetting?

...robert

Sorry for taking so long with a reply.

The bike is snappier all the way through, there is a slight bog from idle, but i think that going from the stock 95 main jet to a 100 will take care of that, i haven't done this yet, as soon as i do i'll report what happens.

I've been searching for some more power for my son's crf80.. Who has the best price on that pipe right now ?

Does anything that fits the 100 fit the 80 of the same year model?

Rockymtn has it cheaper, but it says silencer? Not sure if they mean complete pipe or not ?

Mine is the complete set-up, header, and tail pipe.