Sign in to follow this  

Come out of the closet, you 500 riders!!

When I first joined up here about a year ago, I thought I'd be boo-ed off the site because I ride a CR500. Happily, quite the opposite has been true. This is a great online community and resource.

And low and behold, I have gradually (but most assuredly) detected a covert contingent of 500 two stroke riders who keep this dirty little secret under their lids. :p

Soo... OUT WITH YOU, half-liter owners!! :)

How many people here actually own a CR or a KX 500?

They are just a scream (on a variety of levels) :)

I over jump jumps with my 250 bogged... I dont understand how you could ride a 500 2 stroke on a track... dunes I could see... but on a track??!

do you even need 2nd gear?

Rode CR500's for almost 20 years starting with a brand new one in '84 (piece of shit),then got a new '86 (which was awesome). Had a few more since then '92, & '96, loved the hell out of 'em but at my age they started to wear me out!!! The first time I rode a CRF I new I had to have one- just so damn easy to ride. I wish I could have both, a CRF and CR (Service Honda) but only being able to have one i'll have to down size and go with the 450. Party on Garth!!

I had 2 cr, and now just a bunch of Parts left over. I have 2 cranks Im going to make book ends out of, and pistons for ??????

Loved riding my 500s, but dont think I wll ever buy another

When I first joined up here about a year ago, I thought I'd be boo-ed off the site because I ride a CR500. Happily, quite the opposite has been true. This is a great online community and resource.

And low and behold, I have gradually (but most assuredly) detected a covert contingent of 500 two stroke riders who keep this dirty little secret under their lids. :p

Soo... OUT WITH YOU, half-liter owners!! :)

How many people here actually own a CR or a KX 500?

They are just a scream (on a variety of levels) :)

i ride a 380, and pine for a CR500. does that count?

I have a 97. I love it! Street-legal too. :) Bulletproof and scary fast. Now figure the over/under for number of posts before we get a "2-strokes suck" comment. :)

My buddy rides a 1999 CR500. Well that's when his wife grants him permission to drop his panties and put on his riding gear. He only bought the damn thing so he could beat me in a race across a field and on this track we ride that is pretty flat and wide open. He's actually a very good rider especially for how little he rides. We went trail riding at Wayne National and I smoked him, that bike is definetly for the dunes.

GO BUCKEYES

I want to get a CR500 as soon as my dad will let me (this summer probably)... From what I heard, the CR500 is the best bike of all time. Check out CR500riders.com I highly reccomend that website for anyone interested in a 500, or anyone with a 500.

How about an 85 Husky 500 6 speed. No one will drag race against it as i insist on 100$ bet to get out of my chair and fire up ol' Ethel...

I had a '98 CR500R right up until last October. That's it at Cahuilla MX in my avitar. Great bike. I wish I could have kept it but I have too many bikes in the garage-itus!

One of these days I'm going to meet a friend of mine in Ocotillo Wells that has a '05 Service Honda 500 with all the goodies setup for desert.

I went from the 480 to the first year cr500 back when the open class was a for real big bore 2 stroke class. Alot older but no wiser on the 450f today, but what a blast back then. :)