Sign in to follow this  

Best way to start a 4-stroke after a fall?

I was wondering what kind of techniques you all have on starting a 4 stroke after you have fallen. I noticed at Anaheim 1 that once the 4 stroke guys fell they had a very hard time restarting the bikes.

This is how I do it...

Hot: pull the hot start and give the bike FULL, THROUGH KICKS, not short little kicks like you would a 2-stroke.

Flooded: full throttle, kill switch engaged, give it 10-20 full kicks, then follow above procedure.

Some may disagree with me on this (everyone has their opinion and their own procedures/techniques), but this started my 426 everytime and i will continue to use this method on my CRF.... Hopefully this will help someone. Pete :)

...and don't forget to pray the 1st 3 minutes......

after 3 mintues, you can start to curse....

kick it hard and all the way down, try the hot start

I was wondering what kind of techniques you all have on starting a 4 stroke after you have fallen. I noticed at Anaheim 1 that once the 4 stroke guys fell they had a very hard time restarting the bikes.

You hold the button down a little longer :) ....... I know, I know. I just couldn't resist :) .

umm kick in a couple times and it starts up. Seriously as long as you keep it maintaned you should have no problems! :)

You hold the button down a little longer :) ....... I know, I know. I just couldn't resist :) .

Damn you beat me to that!!!...dont forget to use the hot start while you hold the button longer

At Ahaheim 1 Ivan Tedesco lost it in the turn right after one of the triples. I was sitting down in the first section, im sure that there bike are all WELL maintained and he must have kicked that thing about 20 times before he was so tired that he gave up. Funny thing was as soon as he gave up he walked it off the track and his mechanic jumped on and started it with 2 kicks!

Im an expert at this one.... I tend to fall every once in a while hahaha

So pick the bike up and make sure nobody is laughing at ya, then while holding the hotstart, kick it once slowly, then give it one full hard kick and she should fire right up, my experience with my 450 anyways

It seems like my 450 is on the ground as much as it is'nt. I find top dead center then give it 1-3 good long kick. I used my hot start maybe 2 times in a year. The bikes at A1 were really hot. They beat the crap out of them and all the mud held all that heat in.

At Ahaheim 1 Ivan Tedesco lost it in the turn right after one of the triples. I was sitting down in the first section, im sure that there bike are all WELL maintained and he must have kicked that thing about 20 times before he was so tired that he gave up. Funny thing was as soon as he gave up he walked it off the track and his mechanic jumped on and started it with 2 kicks![/QUO

Tedesco's along with all the other pros' bikes are like ticking time bombs. Go into the pits when they fire these things up cold. Talk about an ass beating the mechanics take.

actually, you want to give it about 1/10 throttle and hold in the hot start.(this was the pro tip on the sx a couple weeks ago) It works! :)

Oh, and did you check out Nathan Ramsey at Phoenix i think it was?

That was halarious! :D:D

It took him about 100 kicks and he gave it to his mechanic to start. That's the downside to the factory high compression high proformance bikes. :) But the payoff is good :p