Sign in to follow this  

Need Help With Clutch Fast!!!!!!!!

OK, well I just got a DP clutch kit.It came with springs,steel plates,and fibers.Well heres the problem:When I put it in it is like it sticks out to far for the clutch to engage.I can pull the clutch lever in and there is no resistance but the actuator arm does move and when I just put the pressure plate on with no plates or anything in the clutch, the clutch Will move back and forth.The very last fiber plate will not seat on the basket fully.I KNOW once I get it in and the clutch gets broke in it will be fine but right now it just wont work.I did take all the old plates out but I left the 2 little plate things in which I think are called like cushion plates or something like that.Do I take them out with the DP clutch kit?I did make sure that little ball bearing thing is in also.This is the order I have the clutch plates in starting with the fiber closest to the basket:Fiber,steel,fiber,steel,fiber,steel,fiber,steel,Fiber,steel,Fiber,steel,Fiber,steel,Fiber,steel,Fiber

I have 9 fibers and 8 steel plates.After They are in I installed the mushroom shapped piece into where the ball bearing sits and then I install the pressure plate and put 5 clutch springs in.

Now here is where I get a really big problem.I have a race friday morning and will be racing until sunday night.When my dad was torqueing the clutch spring bolts he snapped one which was stuck into the inner hub.It broke off at an angle and it will not come out.We did try a ez-out but that didnt work becasue we couldnt drill it right in the center of the bolt.So I had to over-night a new basket from Dennis-Kirk becasue they were the only person who had one.

PLEASE CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME????Why wont the clutch work???

Make sure the pressure plate is aligned with the inner clutch drum.It has little bosses on the back side which ride on the grooves of the inner drum.As you are installing the pressure plate,rock it back & to & you will feel it fall in place.Maybe this will help.

Assuming everything is seating right I would then make sure I was sent the right clutch. Take the plates out and measure them. I have been sent the wrong stuff so much over the years that I never take it for granted that it is right anymore. Measure the thickness of both the metal and fiber plates and compare them to your old ones. You never know.

If the clutch is the wrong one,would they return it for me.I mean it has some oil on it.I got it from dennis kirk.

I am sure they will if it is the wriong one but don't jump to conclusions. Get some callipers and measure the thickness of the old plates vs your new ones. Maybe just your metal plates are wrong in which case you can probably get away with using your old ones. Some times it is the wrong part and sometimes it is the wrong mechanic.

It must be the wrong mechanic.LOL.I just miced the plates and fibers and they were in spec according to the manual.Well when the inner hub comes in tomorrow ill let you guys know what happened.