Sign in to follow this  

didn't feel right

after re-jetting my carb, i intstalled a zip-ty fuel screw and while attemting 2 get it 2 seat, it began 2 get a little difficult 2 turn. i backed it out and tried 2 thread it back in gently a hundred times and even completely removed it twice to make sure i had everything in the correct order. its just the last couple of turns where it starts 2 feel tight. i finally just kept turning till it felt like it seated. :)

now, i didn't need vice grips 2 turn it or anything but there was some considerable resisitance (which the directions say there should be none of). whats the deal? am i just freakin' out b/c i know i'd be screwed if i stripped those threads :)

Well I put one in on my 250 when it was a week old and I definately felt that same resistance. I put a touch of grease on the screw threads and it was the same. I just grit my teeth and went until I definately knew it was seated, backed off a quarter and then lightly seated it again. Then I went out my 1.5-2 turns. It is kind of funky. :)