Sign in to follow this  

Desert 100 Flyer Up

April 2nd & 3rd are approaching fast for the Desert 100, held in Odessa WA! This is one of the greatest events of the year for the NW and not to be missed!

A family poker run, ironman poker run, and dual-sport ride are held on Saturday with lunch provided by Oberto & KTM. There is also a mini's race held Saturday that is a great event for the kids and parents. Sunday is the famous Stumpjumpers Desert 100 race, one of the longest running dirtbike races in WA and a history that has made it legendary.

This is the third year at Odessa and it has turned out a great place for the event. Odessa has provided great support and the club encourages you to help support Odessa! Hopefully the new date this year will provide more moisture in the ground to keep dust down, and so far some promising reports have came back on the conditions of the course.

Here is the event flyer (NOTE: if you have trouble printing the PDFs try selecting the "Print as Image" option in Adobe Reader or ugrade to the latest version of reader: download Adobe Reader)

2005 Desert 100 Flyer (jpeg)

2005 Desert 100 Flyer (pdf for printing)

New this year is a poster that will be on the back of the printed 11x17 flyers:

2005 Desert 100 Poster (jpeg)

2005 Desert 100 Poster (pdf for printing)

For more info contact the members listed on the flyer and check out www.stumpjumpers.org .

Here are pictures of last years event:

2004 Desert 100 Pictures

:)

April 2nd & 3rd are approaching fast for the Desert 100, held in Odessa WA! This is one of the greatest events of the year for the NW and not to be missed!

A family poker run, ironman poker run, and dual-sport ride are held on Saturday with lunch provided by Oberto & KTM. Sunday is the famous Stumpjumpers Desert 100 race...

Bout time Trav! :) I was lucky enough to be camping right next door to the Oberto guy. Man, did he load us up with goodies! Make sure you buys lots of Oberto stuff too! I know he was told that management was thinking about bailing out of this as far as support goes. So let them all know its appreciated, that we love their stuff (and I do like all Oberto stuff) and of course, buy lots of it and when you get their free hot dog at the half way point, let them know its appreciated! I already support KTM too! :)

Ya know I may be posting this in the wrong place but here goes.

I am newly back into riding, mx raced quads back in the early '90s, grew up on motorcycles and have ridden a dozen or so times in the last 10 years.

I bought an '01 426 and LOVE IT, man have I had fun. I have ridden a handful of times since I got it. I felt I really got my bike feel back fast and feel pretty confident keeping up with the "faster guys" that I ride with.

My question is, I am dying to Stumpjumper this year but it's coming up soon. Is the race something a fairly new guy can figure out? Do you need any support? Are there slow guys out there? I am in the best shape of my life so I am not too worried about conditioning. Or am I just being a big wuss :) and should I just sign up an go for it?

Thanks in advance for any heads up!!

Mark

for the race, there will be some of the fastest guys in the NW, but there will be plenty of guys like yourself out there too with around 500 competitors. If you are aiming to win, then gas stop support is a must, but the average guy can handle it on his own. Do the poker run satutday to learn the course for sunday. have water and pay attention during the rider's meeting. It is a long course, so pace yourself. As I mentioned, there we'll be some amazingly fast guys out there and for the most part they will be around you before you even realize it, but if you do a feel a fast guy coming on don't get nervous, hold your line but let him by, the worst thing is to steer into his line at the last second.

with 30% trophies, you might find yourself taking home some hardware!

:)

Ya know I may be posting this in the wrong place but here goes.

I am newly back into riding, mx raced quads back in the early '90s, grew up on motorcycles and have ridden a dozen or so times in the last 10 years.

I bought an '01 426 and LOVE IT, man have I had fun. I have ridden a handful of times since I got it. I felt I really got my bike feel back fast and feel pretty confident keeping up with the "faster guys" that I ride with.

My question is, I am dying to Stumpjumper this year but it's coming up soon. Is the race something a fairly new guy can figure out? Do you need any support? Are there slow guys out there? I am in the best shape of my life so I am not too worried about conditioning. Or am I just being a big wuss :) and should I just sign up an go for it?

Thanks in advance for any heads up!!

Mark

Mark, you need to go to this event. :) Like Trav said, there will be riders of all levels. Do the Poker Run on Saturday to get the layout and then have fun at the race on Sunday. :p

I'm taking Friday and Monday off this year so that I can relax before and after the race without having to worry about hustling out of there.

Thanks for the info guys, I am in :) I am absolutely pumped, I am going to get as much saddle time as possible between now and then.

BTW: What class do ya think, I am 30 years old, and do I need to be a NMA member?

Mark

u don't need to be an nma member, but i highly recommend u join :)

u can race the open, 4-stroke, or "over the hill" classes. prob "over the hill" class or 4-stroke would fit u best.

I noticed that last year there was alot of water crossings, can this be expected for this year also?

Cory

I noticed that last year there was alot of water crossings, can this be expected for this year also?

Cory

only the RACE had water crossings, and there was only 2... once over to the east side of crab creek and then 2nd returning back over.

the POKER RUN DOES NOT feature water crossings.

the crossing is a lot of fun, here is a few pics from last year

crossing 1 (cgraham on the WR)

6995958-M.jpg

crossing 2

6996386-M.jpg