Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have a photo of a Dual Sported CRF 450r

Just wondering if by chance anyone has a photo of their or a Dual Sported CRF 450? I am going to be dual sporting mine here quickly and would like to get some ideas. If anyone would be willing to post some photo's i'd really appreciate it. Also what kit you recommend. I am leaning towards the trick dual sport kit but am also looking at the baja designs kit. So please post photo's if you have one. Not interested in Motard though. This bike will be 98% dirt ridden.

crf1.jpg

I kinda went the cheap route and didn't buy a kit. The bike is gone but let's see if I can remember here:

Acerbis head light and tail light.

Pressure switchs on the master cylinders.

PWC air horn.

Electrex lighting coil with TrailTech flywheel.

Moose voltage regulator.

Helmet mounted mirror. Bugeyes.com

Kenda TrackMasterII DOT tires---very agressive for dirt.

Think that's about it. Minimal amount of stuff----i.e. less to break off when I take a soil sample. :) RR.

anyone actually use their bike on the road? How'd you go about getting the bike street legalized?

Thank you ride red and The Blue one for your photo's. Both bikes look great. I will have to post some before and after photo's of mine. I am going to have to register it out of state since it is not possible to Dual Sport in CA anymore. Thanks again for the photo's. Anyone else have any they want to share?

fairly easy in indiana.

get body change form from DMV license branch.

put headlight,taillight,horn,brake switch on bike.

get any police to inspect and sign body change form.

get insurance.

take form back to DMV, pay, get plate.

headlight need only be single beam.

brake switch only needed on rear brake.

mirrors, street tires, turn signals not required.

somewhere on indiana's web site they list the vehicle codes, with all documented.

i would stay away from state cops for inspection.

i have done 2 bikes, ok.

since you are now paying excise tax on bike, you no longer have to pay personal property tax, if you are.

good luck :)

Hi,

Have a look at mine (garagepic) its a street-legal 450 kitted by italian HM Racing, i drive most motard but also on the ice during the winter (wich is long and cold overhere brr)

regard

/trOtte

crf1.jpg

Think that's about it. Minimal amount of stuff----i.e. less to break off when I take a soil sample. :) RR.

awsome looking bike RR...i

how does it go with top end riding (ie: over 60mph?)

can the CRFs handle high speed desert type riding ?(have u ridden the "x"?)

cheers

TS

Thanks Sal. I was running a wide ratio trans with stock sprockets. The bike would do 55 without feeling "tapped out"---65 would have been pressing it. When I had the stock trans 55 seemed a little hard on the bike for extended runs on pavement.

The guys seem to be running in the desert without any problems however.

I really wonder if the X trans' will fit in the R's. Also I wonder if the primary gear ratios are changed too? :)

The guys seem to be running in the desert without any problems however.

I really wonder if the X trans' will fit in the R's. Also I wonder if the primary gear ratios are changed too? :)

well the "x" does have wider ratios than the "r" and i was thinking if its still too short of just i'lll drop a tooth or two off the rear sproket so she is not working so hard at higher speeds....