Sign in to follow this  

My Ebay Experience with Decker Cycles in Ohio

Decker Cycles in Ohio had a 2004 KTM85sx for bid.

The description stated the bike was in excellent condition. To me, excellent condition means the bike runs, clutch works, brakes work, no frame damage, right?

I win the bid. I get the bike. The handle bars are tweaked about 2" and forks are pointed towards left field. I start checking stuff and find the triple clamps are severely bent from an accident.

Does that sound like excellent condition to you guys?

But wait, there's more. The clutch is fried and the bike won't move. Tried the brakes, they didn't work either. Bled the brakes, white milky fluid oozes out. Looks like someone put water in the system. Drained the trans oil. Supposed to have 1/2 liter oil, drained over a liter. The stuff was slippery slick like a moly lube based oil. Now I'm thinking the jerks sabotaged the bike.

I call the guy and only mentioned the bent triple clamps, and he starts swearing and saying that I got a great deal, what did I expect for what I paid?

What does that have to do with advertising a bike as being in 'Excellent Condition' when it is trashed?

So I figure the best way is to let all you guys know and pass the word "do not buy anything from Decker Cycles in Ohio"

After my experience with them, I was on KtmTalk.

I was told by members there that they had similar problems with Decker Cycles in Ohio.

You should report him to ebay. Even if he was selling the bike for two bucks, one would be bidding on it based on what they expected to be getting. its up to the BUYER to determine whats worth what, not the seller. ITs false advertising, the way you describe it, even if he put "good", he would be full of Sh*t. Dont let people like that get away with it, it brings down the integrity of ebay which has been helpful and useful to many.

Although KTM has nothing to do with the sales that Decker Cycles does with KTM, if they sell brand new cycles there, I'm sure they would not be happy with this. If they carry KTM, I'd write a letter to the American division of KTM. Definately report them to eBay. This is no good. I'd give them more shit then they can handle.

Start with the BBB (Although they can be pretty useless). :)

Know any Lawyers? A strongly written letter would get your money back relatively quick. It's a bit different going after a real company rather than Joe Screwball. :D

Where are they and where are you? I wonder if you could file a small claims case.

Are you in the same state? (Ooops, uh yeah, guess not) :)

Dirtbags. :p

I live in Columbus Ohio. Where are they located? I know some guys at the dealerships around here. I'll see what they say about the situation. In the mean time, I would like to see a pic. of this lovely specimen.

Turn them into E-bay, ASAP. If you used paypal or a charge card you can get your money back if you file a claim.

Report them to Ebay. The cool thing about ebay now is that when you bid on a bike or car, etc, it is a legal, binding contract, for BOTH parties. Sounds like it is false advertisement. You might was to contact square trade as well and file a case with them. Take the bile to the local dealer and get an estimate for total repairs for everything you have found. Chances are if you paid through paypal, You will get your money back. Good luck.

You are right !

From the ad this bike looks really good. There are ways to get back at via ebay or/and paypal.

Keep us inform of the response from them :)

That suck's ass, false advertising,Liar's,are in the same boat,............... Make a report to Ebay,ASAP..........

The squeaky wheel get's the grease............ :)

It looks like the seven others who left negative feedback had similar bad experiences. Time to take action against these guys. This is why I won't buy from any seller with a feedback score of less than 99%. Good luck on getting a refund or restitution. Ebay is pretty good about doing all they can to assist victims in fraud cases. They even helped my wife file a police report against a fraudulent seller once. The BBB can also be helpful sometimes. They helped me get a refund when I was overcharged by Gateway computers last year.

Turn them into E-bay, ASAP. If you used paypal or a charge card you can get your money back if you file a claim.

We did this with a vehicle we bought. After we won the bid, we went and checked it out and found several things wrong with it. Told the buyer we didn't want it seeing it didn't match the description. Filed a Paypal claim. Buyer has 10 days on Paypal to respond. They never responded so we won by default. You can also call your credit card company attached to Paypal and put the payment on hold. Good luck.

What was the eBay item number...I would like to see this jewell!

ebay item # 4513083122

eBay only holds these listings for 90 days, so the listing will expire soon.

I emailed eBay a couple times. I get the same old lame reply, they have no control and tell me to work it out with the seller.

I tried contacting the credit card bank, they won't help unless I ship the bike back to them, $300 to ship back plus the original $265 to ship here, so I still lose $565 in shipping.

I should have known better when Decker wouldn't take paypal for payment.

Pass the word on this guy. Don't let others get burned.

Here's the link.....KTM85SX on eBay

The way the auction reads, you would expect the bike to actually be in excellent condition..... :)

Chris, you're amazing, being able to find the item and link it. I'm not that computer literate. That is the bike.

This is probably not the case, but it almost seems, based on their response to your call that they were unhappy with the selling price and perhaps added to the bikes less than satisfactory condition. It looks pretty damn good on that link.

Sorry for your misfortune

I should have known better when Decker wouldn't take paypal for payment.

This is a huge warning sign. PayPal almost always finds for the buyer and Decker probably knows that.

It looks pretty damn good on that link.

Now that we know Decker has little credibility that may not even be the same bike. Swap number plates with a new bike and take the picture. :)