Sign in to follow this  

Complete Tall seat

Hi All..

Where can I get a complte tall seat for an '04 X.

PS-Any idea when the stainless valves and springs will be out from Kibblewhite ?

Hi All..

Where can I get a complte tall seat for an '04 X.

PS-Any idea when the stainless valves and springs will be out from Kibblewhite ?

SDG makes them in both solid black, or oem style red-n-black. Not a real good pic, but look how tall and flat the seat is...compared to the stocker...

chm250a.jpg

I could be mistaken, but I didn't think SDG had their seat out for the X yet... just the R.. I had to go to Guts racing for foam and cover, because I couldn't find a complete seat for the X...

I could be mistaken, but I didn't think SDG had their seat out for the X yet... just the R.. I had to go to Guts racing for foam and cover, because I couldn't find a complete seat for the X...

The X is different? :)

I see Motosport Outlet is selling the SDG Tall seat foam with the One Industries seat cover. After seeing the seat cover on Carmichaels Suzuki (when the motorcycle show was here) I really liked how the non slip material was tackier than most. I didn't know if Motosport was selling the seat for the '05 250f or 450F.

I have the SDG tall in black. Looks a bit goofy, but certainly jacks me up a bit. I'll have to wait to try it out since it's still winter. At 6'2" I went with that, tall clamps, and tall bars. I'm hoping it will be good.

I have the SDG tall in black. Looks a bit goofy, but certainly jacks me up a bit. I'll have to wait to try it out since it's still winter. At 6'2" I went with that, tall clamps, and tall bars. I'm hoping it will be good.

You will LOVE it...I am 6'3" and the tall seat = awesome. I LOVE the flat cockpit it provides, easier to move around.

I just bought tall foam and cover from GUTS.

After it's all done, it works....but, a real pain in the ass to get done.

I wish I could have found a complete seat....

The GUTS cover was also necessary. Most covers (One Industries included), won't fit a tall foam seat.

I have the SDG seat, and love it. Nice solid feel, good, rugged design. An improvement over the original seat, and a good deal taller. With the old seat I had trouble holding on with my knees, with the SDG those troubles are now gone

Any of you guys with the tall Guts foam and cover have some pics? I tried asking Guts for a picture of their seat for the CRF's but they don't have any and won't take any. Kind of a strange way to run a business. I have a GUTs tall seat on one of my XR's and it is about 1" taller than stock at the back end of the seat too. I was wondering if Guts did this on the CRF too, which would not be good IMO. Is the Guts tall seat profile stock height at the front and rear and just raised in the middle like the SDG seat?

Sorry no picture - but no, the seat's increased height extends to the back of the seat making it slightly bulky looking - but, having a seat you can actually use makes the aesthetic sacrifice worth it, IMO.

Thanks, I was wondering if they were going to do that. On the XR it seems a natural way to do it, but I thought they would have thinned out the back on the CRF to let you slide back easier. The Guts foam is so good that it is probably worth it like you say.

In reference to SDG complete seats, the Tucker-Rocky catalog does not list seperate part numbers for the R or X. It just says CRF250. I wonder if maybe it is dished out on the base and will fit either? Check this catalog page:

http://www.powersportrider.com/WEB/OR0205C/OR0205C0262.jpg

Same goes for the SDG website:

http://www.sdgusa.com/layout.php?m=mx&id=seats

I emailed SDG about a complete seat for the X. They replied that they do not have one available.

:naughty: As Far as i know, For the x you can you can only get a high foam, not a complete seat just yet. I got one from guts racing .com