Sign in to follow this  

And she purrs once again...

After riding my bike for about 6 months or so with it sounding like crap, sounding like the whole thing was about to fall apart, I had a guy at a track come up to me and say what was wrong.

I had swapped things out and replaced random parts trying to get rid of the horrific engine noise but it would never go away.

The guy at the track says "its your counter balancer shaft and bearings worn out." I said "really?, is that a hard fix?" He goes "nope, all you have to do is this, this, and this."

Well i tore the bike down, and he was exactly right, the counter balancer shaft was worn out. I went ahead and checked my water pump shaft and it was badly warn out also.

Got all the parts today. Installed them all tonight. She fired on the second kick and purred.

I had forgotten what a crf is suppose to sound like, i was use to the racket that it use to make.

Moral to this story. If your bikes making some crazy noise and sounds like its about to fall apart but runs like a champ, check your blancer and water pump shaft. Replace the bearings while your in there. :)