Sign in to follow this  

Countershafts

My dealer told me he could not find/nobody made a 13 tooth for the 450. He could get the 15 from Suzuki for $28.00. So I go ahead and order the 15, and keep looking for a 13. Picked up my "15" today, pulled it out of the package. Made sure it fit the spline. It fits... Great, but I still need to find the 13 somewhere.

I go ahead and count the teeth for kicks, and THERE IS ONLY 13! Suzuki's 15 tooth part number is a 13 tooth? And they dont make a 15...? Is the 13 tooth part number mistakingly called a 15 in the database?

Can somebody with Suzuki parts access/knowledge make any sense of this? Nobody in the shops local to me seem to be able to find the answer... Ill go grab the part number on the package I picked up today and post it.

What is the real part number for the 15?

suzuki parts fiche show two sprockets

27511-35g00 is a 14 tooth

27511-35g10 is a 15 tooth

i believe the 14 tooth is stock. i will check and then edit post. yep 14 is stock

they have options on the rear to

64511-28e00 is a 49 tooth which is standard

64511-37e00 is a 48 tooth

64511-40261 is a 51 tooth

64511-36e00 is a 50 tooth

i see that the rear sprockets are the same as the rm 250 but not sure about the front. :):)

27511-35g10 is a 15 tooth

This is the part number I ordered, and the number printed on the packaging. Packageing says it is a 15. The tooth count is 13 though... Strange!

I am going to go by the dealer this afternoon. Just wanted to have someone other than the monkeys behind the counter at the dealer look into it first.

THANKS!

That's pretty odd. Any of you guys try a smaller sprocket in the rear. I'm good friends with mike treadwell, and he called, and says the bike taps out relatively early in each gear and is going to a 48 tooth rear. Granted he's a pro rider and i'm not.

I had a desert race recently and put my, RM 250 03, 42 tooth rear sproket on, bolted on perfectly, i kept the stock 14 on the front. This gearing worked perfectly for the race but i chewed out the chain slider. I will need a 15 38 for a desert race later in the year and another chain slider i dare say.

Toolboy

I was at Jawbone riding the trails. Alot of 4th gear stuff, very fun but I kept reaching for another gear that wasnt there. I want to run the 13 for tighter stuff, the 14 for most tracks and the 15 in the desert.

All I need is the 15 now that I have the 13 that nobody makes...

Gregg, I don't want to hijack your thread but do you have an aftermarket quiet exhaust with a sparky for off road (non-moto) use? If so, what are you using and how do you like it?

I dont have a trail exhaust yet... Hopefully Ill have a Big Gun quite system next week though.

Its not unheard of to have a part mispackaged, but how can they mispackage it with a part they dont make?

Its not unheard of to have a part mispackaged, but how can they mispackage it with a part they dont make?

gregg did that 13 tooth sprocket fit on the rmz?? let me know i will be happy to call zook and find out if they actually make a 15 tooth or what the deal is with the part #s

The spline fits, I havent actually unstalled it yet (going to buy a pair of the clip pliers today). By looking at it will work though.

Gregg, I don't want to hijack your thread but do you have an aftermarket quiet exhaust with a sparky for off road (non-moto) use? If so, what are you using and how do you like it?

Hi, I don't know if you are interested in what I have, and I realize you didn't ask me, but I have the TRC comp series silencer fro Yoshimura. It has the removable sound/spark insert. USFS approved when you have to be, take it out for other stuff. So far, its great, only had it out 1 time so far...(the silencer that is) I mostly trail ride and hill climb, don't race officially, just backyard stuff. I ordered the old RS3 oval, and they sent the new updated model which is this one. Looks and sounds very good.

Hi, I don't know if you are interested in what I have, and I realize you didn't ask me, but I have the TRC comp series silencer fro Yoshimura...

Thanks for the information "giantmike." I am interested in what exhaust you are using because I like to ride the track, but want to be able to ride it off-road in California on occasion. The more real world feedback I get the better.

Big Gun shuld have a quiet system with a spark arrestor done next week I would guess. They used my bike for fitting 2 weeks ago.

FYI: The 13 tooth countershaft that I have (the one that doesnt exist) fits perfect.

did you get to ride with that 13 tooth sprocket?? if not let us know how it did when you do go riding?? :)

Im taking on two 30 mile loops Sunday. Going on the Malcolm Smith Soboba Indina Reservation ride. Should be a real test...