500cc 2 strokes?

I rode Ebisu circuit (a small road course) on a borrowed VTR1000F. I was taking it a little too easy and got passed by a motard in one of the last turns before the front straight. I planned on passing him back on the straight, but I could not pull that SOB back in and I was riding a 100whp V-twin. It turned out he was on a KX500.

They're mean.

I remember that there was a KX500 at the first Laguna Seca SM race; rumors were that it had 90 (thats ninty!)HP!!! Sounds unridable, and sure enough, that rider struggled a bunch if I remember correctly. Not sure how acurate that 90 HP figure was but even if it was 10% off that bike was a monster.

I remember that there was a KX500 at the first Laguna Seca SM race; rumors were that it had 90 (thats ninty!)HP!!! Sounds unridable, and sure enough, that rider struggled a bunch if I remember correctly. Not sure how acurate that 90 HP figure was but even if it was 10% off that bike was a monster.

That was Jeff (Chicken) Matasevich <sp> on the KX at Laguna, he was bold on the thing but 2 strokes are not the best supermoto machines for sure.

CR500s were the way to go back in the day when we first started racing "SuperTT". Rick Pearce, Don Canet, Mark Cernicky, Paul Hart and a few others dominated on them.

Pearce recently switched back and is riding a CR500 in the AMA Unltd. class.

Cheers,

Tyler

Rick Pearce rode a CR 500 this year in the Unlimited class at the Nationals and was faster on it then his CRF 450. He still proves that 2strokes with a good rider and experience you can go really fast. 2 strokes you need to use you head a little more and throttle control. Four strokes make you feel like a HERO!!!!! ?

Darrick

www.westcoastsupermoto.com