Sign in to follow this  

A load of general questions................

Howdy

I just picked up an 03 DRZ400s. I am planning on using it mainly for Utah riding, and some small local stuff.

1. How do you wash one of these things? Pressure washer? Any worries about water getting where it dont belong?

2. How do I keep it from getting stolen? I plan to ride for a day or two, and leave it (in the truck?) when I hike and do other stuff. I think that they would be fine in the state parks, but I really wouldnt want to leave them in the back of the truck anywhere else...........Maybe put them in the hotel room? :)

3. Whats a good price for a ramp to get them into the bed of a truck?

4. Whats a good way to secure them in and out of the truck?

5. I plan to leave the truck at the hotel, and ride the bike the few (<50) miles to the trail or park or whatever. Ive heard that road riding requires a lot more gear than trail riding. Whats the best way to go here? Am I being naive in thinking that just helmet, gloves, jeans, boots and a long shirt are good enough? Im not a crazy rider, not very experienced, but I dont plan on speedbombing through the desert. Just using the bike as a mode of transportation to see more scenery.............

6. Where can I find a good fender bag for a DRZ? I will be doing one 100 mile trail ride (white rim trail in UT), and Ide like to being food, tools, some clothes, etc.

7. Is it a bad idea to try to carry fuel?

Thanks for the help!!!

Welcome:

to clean: hose with water, wash off most chunks, spray whole thing down with simple green (1/2 simple green/1/2 water), let sit couple minutes, hose off again. Simple green amazes me every time.

Many chains, locks and rotweillers. Insurance will replace it once the determined thief gets it.

If your getting a hotel room and parking truck, get the downstairs room in the back and sneak the bike inside the room.

I got a folding ramp (so i could put it in the cab while not around) for 60 to 70 bucks.

Get as much safety equipment as u can please. Is your career worth the 50 bucks for knee guards or chest protector? I thought this as I smashed the H E duble hockey sticks outta my knee one lonely day on a mountain. Bought alot more equipment the next day.

Have fun..

Howdy

I just picked up an 03 DRZ400s. I am planning on using it mainly for Utah riding, and some small local stuff.

1. How do you wash one of these things? Pressure washer? Any worries about water getting where it dont belong?

2. How do I keep it from getting stolen? I plan to ride for a day or two, and leave it (in the truck?) when I hike and do other stuff. I think that they would be fine in the state parks, but I really wouldnt want to leave them in the back of the truck anywhere else...........Maybe put them in the hotel room? :)

3. Whats a good price for a ramp to get them into the bed of a truck?

4. Whats a good way to secure them in and out of the truck?

5. I plan to leave the truck at the hotel, and ride the bike the few (<50) miles to the trail or park or whatever. Ive heard that road riding requires a lot more gear than trail riding. Whats the best way to go here? Am I being naive in thinking that just helmet, gloves, jeans, boots and a long shirt are good enough? Im not a crazy rider, not very experienced, but I dont plan on speedbombing through the desert. Just using the bike as a mode of transportation to see more scenery.............

6. Where can I find a good fender bag for a DRZ? I will be doing one 100 mile trail ride (white rim trail in UT), and Ide like to being food, tools, some clothes, etc.

7. Is it a bad idea to try to carry fuel?

Thanks for the help!!!

#1:eek: NO PRESSURE WASHER!! Hose and/or a bucket and a brush.

#2 A good bicycle lock, New York Lock for one.

#3 Depends on the type of ramp. $30 to $120 for basic up to folding.

#4 Said lock

#5 Generally you need more gear offroad cause yoy tend to crash more offroad.

Fullface helmet, gloves, knee braces, boots, chest protector.

#6 MSR and Moose make good fender bags, check or call the TT store :)

#7 No. The stock tank will get you anywhere from 90-120 miles. After that you'll wish you had. You can also get bags for the front number plate and to go on the rear fender.

Simple green is a brand of detergent or soap. You can find it in many auto parts houses and department stores. As far as ramps go, a good way to secure it while you're away is to park your truck on it. I use to wooden ones, they seem to work fine for me. For bags see the chase harper or wolfman sites. Be careful riding that bike, you may find it to be more fun than walking.