Sign in to follow this  

B.C. No Snow Ride, Just Dirt!

Most of the trails we ride are at medium to high elevation, trelleborgs needed this time of year. We decided to grab the bikes w/o studs for a ride at a low elevation area. "Ponderosa" is a small area, you can cover it all in about 2 hours. Pretty wide trails with some roads can get pretty boring so when we ride there we take our time to search out some more challenging terrain.

Here my 20 yr old daughter Tori and my 15 yr old son "small and fast" get ready for the ride.

start.jpg

Tori hitting a big log, from that point on it was lift it & pitch it.

torlog2.jpg

Small and Fast comes up a little short.

mallog.jpg

I figured better safe than sorry, hop off & lift it.

dadlog.jpg

Tori pushing through the brush.

tortree.jpg

Small and Fast finds a hidden log.

maltree.jpg

Make your own way through the woods no trail here.

maltor.jpg

Mont on the 500 tackles a monster.

montlog.jpg

Small and Fast about to do some tree trimming.

malhill.jpg

This mountain is surrounded by three lakes makes for some good views, South.

malcolmonrocks.jpg

East.

malcolmpondarosa.jpg

North.

lake.jpg

Tori hammers the boulder section. I'm positive there hasn't been a bike through here before.

torrocks.jpg

Then she takes a closer inspection.

torrockcrash.jpg

Mont tries the wheelie technique.

montrocks.jpg

Last one through still no good lines.

dadrocks.jpg

A great day riding in the Okanagan. We wanted to make it a ride to remember as Tori will be shipped off to Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training for six months next week. At least we get a spare bike to trash, I mean use! until she gets back.

Thanks for the pics :) Those rocks looked pretty nasty. Hope all works out well with your daughter's police training, she obviously understands focus and determination.

Great Pics. I'm sure I was there a couple of years back in April and I thought that was early to be out riding - it is for Alberta anyway. I'm jealous. Here's a shot of my WR in the same area, on the side over the top of the hill from where you park.

My WR in Ponderosa

That was one of my favorite days out riding, those trails are sweet, fast and fun.

Nice pictures, beautiful area... you could give or friend TC in Hawaii a run for his money with some of your trail selections :)

Nice pics. Those are some pretty tough riding areas. Very impressed with your daughter being able to do that :)

Loghopper, where in the Okanagan is "Ponderosa?"

Cheers, :)

Its between Oyama and winfield just off of hwy 97. Its in a dry belt with open trails so you have to go searching for the fun stuff.

How much does membership to your family cost? :p

Well done dad!

Bike $7000

Gear $1000

Family Membership Priceless. :)

The animal Loghopper out just for a liitle bit of fun. By the way, how's your groin pal. Ready for the snow again tomorrow? :)

I am trying to decide if I should take the Trellies off and head to Ponderosa or keep them on and go to Lavington. Anyone going to either of these places on Sunday?

Nice pics kinda looks like some of the trails that me and my dad ride. Although it is a little tough getting the 650 through those. :)