Sign in to follow this  

Any info on a motocross diet?

I did a forum search but didn't see what I was looking for. I want to lose weight...like 20 pounds. What would be the most suitable diet, one that can also work with school/peer pressure. Being a guy its kind of weird when everyone notices that you are eating vegetables and stuff, you probably know what I mean. Thanks if you can help.

Check out liquid diets. I do it occasionally before a race to drop a few extra pounds. It's not good for long term weight loss unless you combine diet an exercise during and after the liquid diet. IMO it works really well and it's cheap. I've become a conesuer of soups and liquid foods.

Its hard but give up soda. Its a small step buit if youre like me and love mt dew and root beer, cutting back to 1 can a day or none will make a big difference. Replace that with gatorade or water or fruit juices. and nobodys gonna give you a hard time turning down a soda for a gatorade i think

Cutting out soda can make a HUGE difference! And I'd avoid the gatoraide for a while, its got a lot of sugar in it. Water is your best bet, and if you want a bit of flavor, go for the Propel Fitness water (made by gatoraide). Other things to avoid in your diet are simple sugars (just say no to twinkies) and foods high in sodium (ditch the fries guys). It IS a good idea to eat more fruits and vegetables......if you're worried about guys making comments, grab a V-8. It IS sort of high in salt content, so don't drink too much of it, but it will give you some of the veggie requirements of a good diet.

Are you doing anything to work out? That might be another area to boost your weight loss and increase your resting metabolism, so you burn more calories ALL the time!

Good luck!!

for working out I am doing some moderate lifting, heavy motocross training(As much as possible), and cycling. Other stuff would be basketball, trampoline(good leg work out), and P.E. at school.) I haven't had regular soda since Lent started, and I don't eat excessive sweets and stuff. More fruit juice and water and...fruits now though. also I've been eating lots of fish.