Too Tech Suspension, Torrance Ca. ?

Let me tell you from my own experience with Too Tech ( AWESOME WORK ) Too Tech is in Torrance I live in Palmdale at the time he would come out to the track in Palmdale during the week ( Maybe still does ) and have my stuff back the following week. Great guy ( Rick Johnson ) I just gave him my weight my type of riding I did and about where I stood as a rider myself. I just told him I am not Jeremy McGrath but I can hold my own. When I picked up my forks and shock I slapped them back on the bike..... WOW

what a difference the whoops were I felt like Jeremy after I went through some nasty whoops the bike just went through like nothing..... I would go by other riders like they were standing still and never even worried about having to take the bad line with the canyon whoops.

My opinion GO FOR IT!!!

I worked with Rick Johnson for several years, and he is one of the most naturally gifted mechanical types I have ever run into. He is a hands-on problem solver and an expert level rider who knows what he's talking about. He will set your bike up for you according to your riding level (not Ricky Carmichael's), and if your not happy he will meet you out at the track and rework your suspension until your happy. He is a straight shooter with limited patience for BS, but he prides himself on getting stuff right. Sometimes you will have to listen to a lecture, but just bite your tongue and listen - he knows what he's talking about.

Check out his site http://www.tootechracing.com

I had Rick do my '02 XR650 and it "seemed" like the bike was 40 lbs lighter. I could fly through the whoops at Cal City! Unbelievable difference. He also did my wife's XR400, my YZ250, and my '04 CRF450 (the current race scoot). Of all those bikes, the 650 was the one that showed the most drastic improvement.

Is he good with trail riders suspension too or just mx? or does it even make a difference?

Doesn't matter. It's all about your ability level and the type of riding you do. Give him a call after 5:00 or 6:00pm, he will answer your questions. You don't have to be a racer, he makes it a point to cater to your particular situation.

I'd lke to hear some replies from trail and desert riders on his work. I have a friend that had his old WR250 done by Rick and it was way too stiff for riding where we do. At the time my buddy was only about 5 to 10 lbs. heavier than me and I didn't like the ride quality at all. Of course, I don't know what he told Rick about his riding skills or terrain preferences, he may have bent the truth a little, he's and average rider that never sees a track.

If anybody has had a non track set-up done by Too Tech, how did it work?

A lot of people get their suspension set up way too stiff. One thing is everyone thinks they are Rick Carmichael even on the trails. If your honest with the guy it will be set up properly. Tell him you do trail rides and want it to be plush. Its all in what your aiming for, if you take it in and say your bottoming out hard and want to become a good jumper the bike will come back stiff as a board.

As I told you before the guy does great work!!! I ride desert and single track for the most part never the race track. I can hit jumps and all but my main concern was the whoops. Rick dialed mine in it was plush after he got done. I felt like Jeremy McGrath. could navigate the whoops like nobody's business.