60 hp.. whats it take??

ok so i'm sitting completely stock right now except i cut 4 or 5 inches off my muffler.. i was wondering if jardines exhaust, porting, and a high compression and hot cams could bring me up to the 60 hp range??? if not, what would it take excluding NOS???

if your wanting 60 bhp at the rear wheel it will take lots of £££ you would have to go 502cc for a start like the falcon flat track bike i would of thought ? cams head work etc etc

im doing 56bhp at the engine 48.4bhp at the rear wheel ?

ok so i'm sitting completely stock right now except i cut 4 or 5 inches off my muffler.. i was wondering if jardines exhaust, porting, and a high compression and hot cams could bring me up to the 60 hp range??? if not, what would it take excluding NOS???

what was the results of cutting the muffler down? i was thinking of doing the same to my p-core4 ,supposed to add to the bottom end?

what was the results of cutting the muffler down? i was thinking of doing the same to my p-core4 ,supposed to add to the bottom end?

only reason i cut the pipe down was for looks.. i thought that long muffler was hidious looking sticking out even with the rear fender.. some people say you can feel a low end power gain but i can not. could have been because i hadnt rode my bike for a few days b4 i did the mod either ?

i spoke to a FMF engineer about it a while back,that it(cutting the muffler) will increase bottom end IF and only if you opened the muffler chamber. i've been screwing around with different configurations, before takin' the cutoff saw to it. i made a heavy ga. SS screen tube to slide over the core (powercore 4 has a perforated square tube about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" running from one end to the other) and removed enough packing to make this possible. the tube is just big enough to touch all four of the square edges(picture a square peg in a round hole) and is heavy enough not to crush. so then i thought well if i put the quiet core in it might simulate making it shorter(it sticks in about 5") but that would also cut down on flow! so i drilled 6 holes (3/8) in the insert tube,angling the bit towards the outlet after it was through(ended up a oblong hole) and man i don't know what i did but the power curve moved lower and became super linear and stops right before over rev(before it was bouncin' off the rev limiter way too easily) now the insert by itself (before)was very lackluster,worked very well but you could tell it was there. this way its way quieter than wide open,with a better power delivery(at least for my woods riding anyway) i might cut the can down in the future but this was quite impressive ,for not knowing what the heck i was doin' !!!!! ?

There was a 60+ hp YZ450 flat tracker in one of the mags recently. I cant remember which one. Ill check it out tonight if I get a chance and post the engine builder here if I think about it.

That bike was nothing more than a frame, engine and wheels. If it didn't make it go forward it wasn't on there. Very minimal. But it looked sweeet.