Colorado 500, Whos' going?

Just counting down the days till the 500. Bikes ready, and just itching to ride the high mountain passes that only CO. offers. I allways thought Washington state was beautiful, which it is, but Colorado has the most scenic riding I have ever seen. The knarliest too. Hope to see a few of you there.

I agree,how do you get invited? I have been in Colorado and ridden with the group although I wasn't "in" with them.Got to meet Malcom Smith.What a great guy!!!!

When and where is it this year?

I am going to Colorado on the 24th for two weeks.Planning to spend a week in Moab also.Taking my Trials bike too.

Tailguy, You're killin me, I WAS suppose to go but I have to work. My dad is going without me. His name is Steve Lorenze, good guy!! Look for a WR426 that looks like a fireman owns it (way too much trick stuff on it and plenty of time to do it). You guys are using my Green enclosed trailer for your chase vehicle. (so try not to beat up on it like last year!!!) I've been told that this is a ride of a lifetime!!!!!! Have a great time!!

[This message has been edited by Dan Lorenze (edited 08-15-2001).]

I have a few local friends who are going. I understand that they no longer run the official invitiation only ride, so now some other people have stepped up to continue it as an annual ride open to anyone who wishes to attend.

Sorry I did'nt elaborate more on this ride. It is an invitational ride, and newbies must be sponsored by an attendie of at least two years previous. I was fortunate to have a very good friend of mine sponsor me last year. It was the best ride I have and probably will ever attend. The scenery is breathtaking, the people hosting the ride are to say the least top notch. If you are ever fortunate enough to be invited, don't pass it up. It is truly a ride in the sky.

• 2 weeks later...

The Colorado 500 was (words cannot describe) the scenery, the single track, the rocks, and the commoradrie(spelling?) Was the best.

Pictures don't due it justice. But one thing that stands out is that Howard Huge was ROOKIE OF THE YEAR for 2001!!! what an honor.

If you ever get a chance to ride the 500 jump on it. I didn,t meet anyone from TT up there but there should be some newbies signing on in the near future as i did spread the word of our wonderful site.

Ride Co, Huge

Did you go up Alpine trail or another route to Engineer Pass? I wasn't able to make it up Alpine (water in the gas thing). A goat herder from Montrose gave me a ride into town with my bike. Turns out he was looking for one of his goats he had to leave the previous week. What an adventure! Was I ever thankful to get out of the rain.

Counting the days till next year, HUGE

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Rick,

I'm with you on this one. Please let me know if you get any info or contacts for obtaining an invite. I think if we keep poking around we should be able to come up with invites. Maybe this is overly optomistic thinking but whtahave we got to loose?

lmcracing