Sign in to follow this  

Endurocross Endurocross

Anyone seen this endurocross stuff it looks crazy. I'm thinkin about makin my own track, i everything i need to make one. You guys have any ideas for obstacles?????????????????????????????? ,besides logs, rocks, large logs, water pits, and large rocks There arn't many big trees around for logs so i think i'm goin to substitute them with some empty 40 gallon drums we have layin around. Anyother ideas???????????????

Some smaller tires from the local tire store laid out like one of those football running drills. 2x4s set out as a rock wall. Some sort of drop off dug into the dirt. Hmm.... I'm stumped!

I went to the EndroCross in Los Vegas this past November and it was amazing. I don't think I could do one lap, let alone go through that insane rock hill.

Ryan Hughs absolutely smoked everybody there. He should move on to off road racing, I think the guy has talent for that sort of thing.

A couple interesting obstacles you could duplicate is the tire mound and the telephone pole/drop into a water pit.

For the tire mound, you could build a mound with the tires planted at the top half buried. At the EndroCross, they used huge tractor tires. I doubt you could get those tires, since they probably way a ton each. But you probably could get some old used up truck tires at a tire store. They are still over a hundred pounds each, but you could move them with a pickup truck.

The telephone pole/water pit was a telephone pole layed out on the ground. On the otherside of the telephone pole was a water pit in which the put plastic down. The pit was probably a foot or more deep complete with rubber duckies. It was fun watching Jimmy Lewis (editor for Dirt Rider) go through it. I guess he took a bath in it in practice, so he mounted a rubber ducky to his helmet.

Another good obsticle was they made ruts out of telephone poles. The laid the telephone poles parallel to eachother about 8 inches apart. It wasn't the most difficult obsticle, but it was fun to watch.

Make some irregular shaped and spaced mounds of dirt. You could make one huge follwed by a small and a big one.. whatever works. Just make it so there is no possible rythm through the section.

Hmmmmm just imagining what sort of trouble wheelchaser and Dirtriding4Life would get into if (i) they got together and (ii) ........ alcohol .... Heh heh

Thanks for the help guys. I'm startin on the track this summer, when we get the dozer up to the field. I'll post some pics when i get the track done its goin to be sweet!!! I think i can get the tractor tires pretty easy movin them might be kinda hard but i'm sure i can get them up there. thank ya guys again