Steering stem bearings are locked up (HELP)

Well it must be passed time to grease the bearings. Every thing i read about trying to remove these bearings sounds like a nightmare. Is there an easy way to do this without paying 100 bucks for a specialized steering stem bearing puller???????

Help, I have a race in two days...

Well it must be passed time to grease the bearings. Every thing i read about trying to remove these bearings sounds like a nightmare. Is there an easy way to do this without paying 100 bucks for a specialized steering stem bearing puller???????

Help, I have a race in two days...

Remove steering stem and take to someone with a press. (machine shop/auto repair etc..)Have the old pressed out and the new lower bearing pressed in. Remove the rases in the steering tube with a long chisle that the end has been rounded off (shape of inside on steering tube) I have a 1.5 -2 foot chisle for this. Remove old bearings as a set and install the new as a set - never use same rases....I have found that Yamaha oem bearings are junk. I prefer pivot works. Stuff them with lots of grease, install steering stem with correct torque spec (do not over tighten lower flange/spanner nut- as this is very easy to do) :)