Will XR600R/XR650L Forks Fit XR650R?

I'm new to TT. What a great site!

Yeah, I know...odd question. Basically, are the steering stems the same? Jusr sold my long time XR600R/XRL bike. Have a set of WP USD forks that were on the XRL. Was wondering if they would fit the BRP.

Thanks, John

I believe the 650R's fork tubes are slightly larger than that of the 650l. I'd imagine with some type of custom spacer you could make it work. The 650r forks are far better even in stock from than the xl's.

The L's fork tubes are 43mm, the 650R's tubes are 46mm. I've got a modified set of CR500 clamps that will bolt on to the 650R steering head and allow you to put some upside down forks on the 650R and get some much stronger forks on that BRP. Let me know if you're interested

The L's fork tubes are 43mm, the 650R's tubes are 46mm. I've got a modified set of CR500 clamps that will bolt on to the 650R steering head and allow you to put some upside down forks on the 650R and get some much stronger forks on that BRP. Let me know if you're interested

Haven't got a BRP yet, but I'm looking seriously. The XR-L is gone tomorrow so there's an empty space in the shop! I do have a set of CR500 forks hanging in the shop. Guess it wouldn't be too bad to buy parts for a bike I don't even have yet. Send pics if available. How much? Contact me off forum if you like.