Sign in to follow this  

Progressive Insurance *beware*

Sorry, but insurance agents suck balls...

If you wanted to win a popularity contest, maybe you should have investigated being a bartender at a free drink bar.

There is simply no defending the way they (you????) do business and what they charge to do it.

But we, as consumers, are stuck paying it.

^^^^^^^^^

You have no clue what you are talking about Moron.

...the only way to not get FUCT by them...is to LIE to them...sounds ridiculous but it's true

:naughty: Your the only one that would get FUCT when they deny your claim.

Progressive insurance hates dirt bikers, they support green groups like the Sierra Club.

That is enough reason for me never to use them.

:naughty: Your the only one that would get FUCT when they deny your claim.

That or if they found out later he would literally get it up the ass from bubba on the end of a fraud conviction.

I have State Farm and they hooked me UP!! Drop progressive and get state Farm! Paid for all my upgrades and gave me more than a fair price for my bike!!
I had state farm for years on auto, house and bikes. they dropped me like a hot rock the moment the found out I was moving back to florida some years ago. said the wouldnt open any more new policies in that state. I argued it wasnt a new policy just a change of address. the told me TFB. :naughty:

Insurance is the biggest scam going....PERIOD. :naughty:

Reasons you will pay too much for Insurance..

1. You are a crappy driver(Tickets, accidents, DUI's, ect)

2. You live in a area that has a high rate of accidents, and or crime.

3. You are young with little driving experience.

4. You didn't shop your rates.

5. You drive, or ride a high performance machine

6. Any combination listed above.

Reasons you will get screwed in the event of a claim

1.You walked into you Insurance Agents office and said "Give me the cheapest Insurance you have that will make me legal.

2. You didn't ask questions, or read the small print.

3.You didn't purchase a adequate policy.

I am also going to praise State Farm. I pay under $15 a month for full coverage on my bike. Even if I wrap it around a tree it is covered. I have had cars stolen, broken into, you name it and State Farm claims was always top notch. I actually made money on my last truck that got swiped. They included upgrades which I didn't have a receipt for, I just showed them a picture.

I have Farmers Ins. My Agent Mark is the greatest guy ever, he's a hard working,honest man. Whenever I need Mark, he's there. He always explains stuff to me to the fullest (most of the time he tells me more than I want to hear) he really works on my account and saves me money, he handles our three cars and my house. As sick as it sounds I love hearing from the guy, I refer him to all of my friends, they like him too.. :naughty:

Until you need them.

Until you need them.

So, are you starting to feel my pain, ID? :D Why is it that people always want to bash the people who provide the services we truly need? :D In the end, its your choice, you can go WITHOUT insurance (or in my case, a lawyer...) ... its your right to be stupid!! :naughty:

Anyway, gotta throw in my 0.02... for whatever its worth, I've found a good insurance agent is like a good accountant... they will explain the pros & cons, and let you decide your own path (within the law). Problems come about with those internet insurance plans... how much you wanna bet the guy that got screwed by Progressive bought his policy on-line, and didn't even HAVE an agent! Which is why he likely got screwed, because he didn't read it and had no one to advise him...

I've got State Farm, and unfortunately have to switch agents... but so far, dealing with the company for the last 10 years for the few claims I've made has been a piece of cake... :naughty:

State Farm here as well. They covered my Street Bike after a head on collision to the point where I came out so far ahead I ended up and selling it and buying a brand spanking new Gixxer 1000. I even had my agent, Jim, who is a great guy, call two weeks later and talk to me about purchasing life insurance... :naughty: Serious.

Cathy, the lady that works in his office knows me by name and always knows the answers to my questions regarding my policy when I call. She always mentions anything I may need to know. After reading all this I dont think their would ever be a chance in hell I would switch. I get Birthday cards and self addressed postage return labels all the time too. State Farm..Like a GREAT! Neighbor :naughty:

Serious though, I feel they are looking out for me, not the corporate (State Farm) but me the policy holder. Im sure they have their job duties but I feel they would bend over backwards to make sure we are happy. I have made several calls to have my wifes car unlocked and towed, all with no problems. Always re-imbursed and quite fast.

Sorry you got a bad deal, hope you can appeal for more.

So what was the fine print that screwed you?

Did you have a loan/lease pay off option?

Did you ask them to cover your mods when you got the policy?

For the others that chimed in...

Attacking someone here for their profession, especially a fellow TTer

just trying to explain something in a helpful manner is just plain ignorant...

If you don't like insurance agents don't buy insurance, see how far that gets ya...

They only pay 1k in aftermarket, unless you opt for more coverage. I was never given the opportunity. Hell, it was only 35 more dollars a year for the coverage I needed, they just never said anything about it...

Also, the 3k in aftermarket stuff was included from the dealer when i bought the bike. There were reciepts for everything.

Last year my mom spent less than $1500.00 on insurance for everything she owns. Had 2 claims that the insurance company paid out more than $5000.00.

She spent over $12,000.00 out of pocket on prescription drugs in a year. Her insurance covered the additional $60,000.00+.

Lets not get into how political officials take kickbacks and bribes.

So b4 you get all high and mighty, you might want to rethink your reasoning on that....period.

If you don't want to get fu**, then do your research, it takes about 5 minutes to read your policy. If you want more coverage, call them up and add it.

I have had the same insurance agents for over 10 years, I consider them friends. I even ride with one of them.

What most of you complainers are suffering from is call "Punkitus"

Every thing has been handed to you your whole life, and when things don't work out, you blame the other guy.

Don't go through life making excuses, fix it, move on, and make the best of it.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, punkitus isn't recognized by the National health administration....yet

Talk about a good thread! :naughty: Talking about insurance, like it was a money making deal to begin with. I have Allstate and love them. They don't cover bikes/quads though. I have Progressive for my bikes (3). I read the entire policy slowly (eyes and mind going south) and carefully before signing the " I've read and agree with it" box on all insurance coverages. I get all the coverage I need and dont skimp just to save a few bucks on the premium. I paid $206 for the year on my 94 KLX 650 dual sport bike just last month and can live with that.

I feel your pain on the insurance thing, but agents can't be anymore to blame than any other sales persons. Its you that decides to pay for the product. They dont go out and reach into your bank account and grab up your money. Life just sucks sometimes. Thank god we like to ride bikes and can escape it for a few hours. My agent at Allstate works for me and I love her for that. Steny :naughty:

I'm also having a nightmare experience with Progressive insurance. The actual claim value is about 1/3rd of what it would take to re-buy the exact same car. I've been with Geico and State Farm and they've been great. If you want to protect your investment, stay very far away from Progressive.