Sign in to follow this  

Ron Woods Intake Dyno! Terrible!!!

My dyno guy swears that Twin-air get 1 less HP than a stock filter.

"on a side note,after bouncing ideas with ron we decided to try a super long a/f probe.

it made one that goes all the way down to the head pipe bend (about 36").

Always run your probe as far in as possible...it lessens the chance of getting fresh air from the inversion that can give you an incorrect reading. And make sure the end of the probe is not pinched off from continued use. Try not to "loop" the probe hose as it can accumulate moisture in the low spot and also give an inaccurate reading. JMO Tdub

Always run your probe as far in as possible this is good advice and has always worked for me .

dan

i will be there as usual.

rad

i lost .6 with the twin air yesterday.i cleaned all the oil out of stock filter and picked up .5 over the same filter oiled lightly.

I bought one of these new style airboots and while it may bolt right up the '03/'04 airbox I found out that my '02 airbox is completely different and I can't use it.

I didn't want to wait for mail order to save a few bucks so I paid list price $29.85 plus tax. If anyone wants it for their 03/04 model how about $25 and that includes shipping? My email is CRF450racer@aol.com

As long as I'm here... I also have a Hot Cams stage 2, new in unopened package for sale. It's a long, stupid story but the bottom line is that I ended up buying two of these from two different places... and obviously I only need one of them. The stage 1 cam for is bottom end power for motocross bikes and the stage 2 cam is for midrange to top end power for supermoto. The cam is designed to be used with the stock valve springs and guides. Some other hi-performance cams for the CRF require big $ springs and shortened guides. Here is a dyno chart from the Hot Cams website showing the cam vs. a stock cam on a crf450....

If picture doesn't show up then click here to view.

1024-2.jpg

Retail price is $169.95 and I paid $149.95 plus tax. It came out to $161 something. I don't want to lose too much $$$ with this screw-up... if I could get $145 plus $5 for shipping then I'd only be out $15... if anyone is interested let me know.

Greg, Hamp has a cam that I think you would be very pleased with...MUCH better than the one you have! Tryce

Always run your probe as far in as possible this is good advice and has always worked for me .

:D:naughty::D:D:cry::naughty: LOL!!! I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your statement, but knowing you.....I don't think so! Anyway, has anyone hooked up an EGT about 1.5-2" off the exhaust port exit and matched it with an air/fuel number? Just a thought...... :D

Greg, Hamp has a cam that I think you would be very pleased with...MUCH better than the one you have! Tryce
just because the new cam makes more low end than the stock cam and makes more top end than the stock cam and does it with less lift and stock springs and is capable of making 56 hp with out porting does this necassarily make it a better cam.