what is my 150 with mods worth?

What do you think my 2004 crf 150 is worth? I got fast 50's front and rear springs, Uni air filter, a little air box modification (so i jetted it coreclty), BBR rev box, Acerbis handguards and new maxxis tires. the bike has no scratches, in good shape, and it purs like a kitten. ?

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm not sure what yall are talking about but a stock 04 150 used is about 2500, so with mods a lil over 3000 down here in fl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but if that cheap up north i might need to start coming up there!!!!!!!!!!

alex

CRF150,

The unfortunate thing about purchasing aftermarket goodies is that they are user specific. It may in fact be HARDER for you to sell your bike with the mods than if it were stock. If you are fortunate enough to find that perfect someone that wants your bike just as you modded it for yourself, then good for you.

The reality is that you will most likely not be able to recoup your added investment in aftermarket parts, and will have to sell your bike for the current "market" price for bike of same model, make and year.

Good luck!!

Sell your rev box, springs, and everything else you put on your bike and sell it bone stock. Yeah this post makes me a bronze member. ?

And look how long it took me to get there... ?

This is good advice! ? You'll get the most out of it this way.

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm not sure what yall are talking about but a stock 04 150 used is about 2500, so with mods a lil over 3000 down here in fl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but if that cheap up north i might need to start coming up there!!!!!!!!!!

alex

? I'm in Florida as well and and there is no way a stock '04 150 would sell for $2500. I'd say $1500-2000 with or without the mods.

alex

Alex,

I feel bad for you, but these guys are right. If you really want to get the most $$$, put your stock parts back on and sell the other parts on Ebay. Here in Calif, you'd get about $2000-$2200.

My bike has totally revalved suspension and CR80 forks. If I sold my bike (which is spotless) I'm sure I MIGHT only get what I bought the bike for. I have all my stock parts, but I'm thinking about selling them and when or if I sell my bike, I'm just planning on taking the lose.

Don't feel bad. It's a economic lesson for you. If you buy a new car, as soon as you drive it off the lot, you lose about 30% of it's value. Your bike is the same.

There is a stock 04... really nice condition... for $1800 at local dealer... I picked up mine last summer for $1700... so around $1800-2000 with mods...

Sell the aftermarket parts and then sell it stock... you will be better off!

What would you guys pay for my bike, I dont think i could take off half of my mods so they have to stay. lol. I payed $2800 for it, we bought 2 of them in the crate so they cut us a deal. Go to my garage to see my mods. i have way to many to list here. ?

Torqd- did u get your braket to mount, if so u get anypics yet. I wanna see how u did the spacers. ?

I got my bracket... all the bolt holes are perfect... but I have to redo one of my spacers... I calculated the lengths of my spacers... one is too long and the other is too short... so I will need to take the longer on and modify it for use on the short side and make a new one for the longer side... I will get them done in the next day or two... and I will get pics

Are you pretty sure about those lengths... positive... acurate... one of them you said was spot on... the other you kinda rounded... let me know...

I have to agree with you. His CRF150 is probably worth less to most people. Sell your aftermarket parts/crap on ebay and put it back to stock. You'll open up the market of people looking for a beginners bike for their kid or wife/girlfriend whatever.

• 3 weeks later...