how much can you bench??

Remember...It's all the fat guys that are really strong. You'll never see a ripped guy really strong. They do get strong but they don't train for strength.

Exactley.

The big ripped guys like Arnold may look extremely strong but compared to another guy that looks fat and works out, he is a lot stronger!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That advice is BS. Enlighten us then as to what age the growth plates typically close? ?

How many examples of guy who started lifting at ages 12/13/14/15/16 that are now 6 foot something 280 and playing college balls. Your bones get micrscopic fractures in them when you lift and grow. The myth used to be you will have bent arms from lifting heavy at a young age. Well it's not true. I started lifting in 6 grade, now i'm 6'2 and 365 and still growing.

You stop growing around age 25.

Remember...It's all the fat guys that are really strong. You'll never see a ripped guy really strong. They do get strong but they don't train for strength. It's how you look , not how strong you are. At least in my book. Two totally different ways to train. Seen all those guys in the gym that only bench. Pretty funny! NO legs, no back. Looks funny. You need to train the whole body once / twice a week. That is all and train hard. Get in and out. I train for looks and I'm 38 and I weigh 210 and can bench probably 315lbs. 4 times. Then again I never max out on 1 rep. Always 6-8 reps for 4-5 sets. Just my 2 cents. More ya lift, the more ya gotta take on and off ?

That fat is there for a reason. I bet if anyone of the top powerlifters cut down and worked on looking good. They will be stronger and bigger then coleman.

Willing to BET that 90%+ of these quoted max lifts are EXAGGERATED!

Word!!!!

When ever I talk to anyone about lifting, they always tell me about a guy that lifted 400 pounds back in college. If that where true, there would be thousands of strong people.

455 for 5 reps....bring it on. ? 6'3", 295, 11% bodyfat at my largest down to 270ish now. Seriously, I've had to stop lifting heavy at all and focus back on riding and cardio because the muscle was becoming such a hinderance to my riding. My heart was working way too hard to pump blood through my whole body that I would get tired much faster than you'd think for somebody in that shape.

For the younger guys, heck the older guys too, don't worry about "how much can you bench"...anybody that lifts seriously knows that if a person asks that question they don't really know what working out is all about.

• 2 weeks later...

I weigh 205lbs. and can bench about 215. Not really all that impressive compared to some of the hulks we have in here. Oh, about 9% bodyfat and can run a mile in 5-5:30 minutes. (faster if the neighbors rot is chasing me) ?

20 years old, 162 lbs and bench 160ish. I concentrate more on flexibility and stamina than big muscles (they wont help in a fight or riding anyway). Just eat right and stay active. Thats just my 2 cents.

your full of crap why dont you shut your mouth you thirteen year old, unless youve been taking steroids your whole life there is no way you can bench 200 pounds you probably cant even bench 100 punds.