CRF200R conversion

Justtook the headlight off the old XR200 for now. Need it to get street legal. May look for a better looking UFO or whatever headlight unit.

Took the motor out of the 450 chassis and put it somewhere else:

RA-04_1122.jpg

RA-04_1212.jpg

IM_A00171.jpg:thumbsup:

Guess I just can't help putting engines on different things! :thumbsup:

i was just going to ask why, then i shut my mouth quick and figured out that this conversion is cool and that with that conversion you get 2 Awsome custom machines out of a 450 and a 200motor

2 toys are better then 1

i bet its a nice smothe ride too, when i had my 200 i almost baugth a beater cr125 to put my engine in, but then i got the ok that i could take my saved up car money and spend it on my bike, and bought my crf250 that i race mx with

but i did do my cr80/xr80 conversion, but yours is awsome. Good job man

For those of us who like to play ride, explore and hit smallish jumps we find along the way. To be able to ride over 100 miles on a tankful, have lights too? Hmmm. I can't imagine a better ride than a small, simple, air-cooled 4stroke in a modern chassis. If Honda made one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

By the way, could one replace the jug and head of a crf with that of an XR? Looks like a 250 might fit with a small spacer if the cam chain sprockets line up. Maybe a custom rod. Timing might require making sprockets. Would need an oil tank & cooler too. Just thinking out loud here...

I heard you blew up your 200. Sorry to hear it. I still like the concept. I rode open class 2-strokes for years and realized I am using maybe 15 hp most of the time in the tight woods and rocks. The rest of the time I'm trying to keep the rear tire from lighting up.

This CRf200 is sweet. In the tight trails on the east coast it would be tough to beat. I can't wait to get my XR200R project finished. I am going to time myself through a tight woods section on the Xr200R vs. my WR250F to see if there is any real speed difference in old vs. new.

I heard you blew up your 200. Sorry to hear it. I still like the concept. I rode open class 2-strokes for years and realized I am using maybe 15 hp most of the time in the tight woods and rocks. The rest of the time I'm trying to keep the rear tire from lighting up.

Yeah, was playing around with my son on a vnitage MX track. He was on a CR125 and I guess I was pushing that little old XR200 motor a mite bit hard trying to keep up. Still looking for another motor or donor bike.

I have no problem on the tight single tracks keeping up with much more powerful bikes. In fact in some areas, I have less difficulty, such as in low traction situations like rock, mud, wet logs, etc. See them spin that rear tire and watch the back enf go out from under them. Or on a rocky uphill, to keep their bike in the power band, they charge up it and lose it. I just plunk along at fairly low rpm and just keep that tire turning without losing traction and slipping around. On the rock up hills, its almost like being on a trials bike. May not be the fastest, but like the energizer buddy it just keeps going and going and going.

Hey, whats wrong with the old TS's. LOearnt to ride on one of those, a long long time ago....

Ummm, 8~12 year old thread I know but in the land of Google search it's here forever, lol.  Is CharlieT still on this board or does anyone have any contact info for him?  I have some questions regarding this old build he did. Cheers. C