Gotta brag, but have some questions too...

I just got a GYT-R carbon fiber pipe for my 04 450. All I can say is WOW! The sound, power, and looks are all awesome. My local dealer made me a great deal on it. I was going in to look at an aluminum one after I read the post on here a couple weeks ago about one, cant remember who it was now, but thank you. Anyhow the dealer had been sitting on the carbon one for awhile so I got it for less than an aluminum one, sweet. ? I had them order me a quiet cap for it too but I havent got it yet. Anyway, I noticed my bike is popping on decel quite abit more now and I am wondering if I need to re-jet. My bike has all basic mods done to it. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very greatful. Thanks in advance, Black n Blue. PS, I am not sure what jetting I have now, but I will ask my tech so I know. Happy Easter fellas. ?

First thing, make sure the clamp is very tight on the new muffler. Any leak between it and the header will cause popping. Turn out the fuel screw a bit more. After that, raise the needle one notch to richen it up a touch. Lastly, check your pilot, you may need to go up a size. BTW, what's this "ask my tech" deal? Do it yourself and you'll learn volumes...SC

I have the aluminum version, it flat out rips.... The pipe is no louder than a stock uncorked 04 pipe, I'm guessing it's around 99-100 dbs, but like previously said, they do sell quiet end caps to quiet it down. My jetting is 170,48 and runs with no pops or bogs...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I am working with a friend who is a tech, as I am very new to the sport and not much of a mechanic to start with. I am however learning by leaps and bounds and doing more and more by myself. I just dont want to get ahead of myself and mess something up, done that before and it sucks. :naughty: I am confident I will soon be doing all of this on my own. You may just have to read more dumbazz questions from me, so be patient. Thanks agian, you guys are great. :naughty:

First thing, make sure the clamp is very tight on the new muffler. Any leak between it and the header will cause popping.

Thanks clark that seemed to fix er up. I went for my first real ride today since getting my new pipe and all I can say is AWESOME. I really liked the new sound, deep and not too loud. I did order the quiet cap for public lands riding and it does make it alittle quieter but not a ton. The power seems great as always but maybe alittle more responsive. Pulling the steeper hills the power was just endless.

I was thinking of picking up an aluminum version of this pipe. as far as the sound , is it really loud ? i realize they have the quiet end cap avaliable, but i was wondering how loud it is..stock.

It seems that it is not as obnoxious as a stocker uncorked, but it is still about that loud, just a deeper more YZ type sound. The quiet cap helps, but is not near as quiet as a GYTR quiet insert for the stockers. The info 'says' it is supposed to meet all USFS regs with the spark arrestor and quiet cap. I dont have a tester and we never ever get tested up here so I am not sure. It was well worth the money for me.

I dont think carbon fibre is good for off road as past experience says it, non shock resistant material

Yeah I am sure you are right. I just couldnt pass up the price they gave me, not to mention the looks. I guess I will just hope for the best. :naughty:

Black and Blue, I would've bought the Carbon fiber pipe like you did but just like you, my dealer had a blowout deal on the aluminum pipe so it did it. Even though I'm in Socal I do ride in the mountains and hills. I get up to 3000' or more sometimes.. You should go into the jetting database sticky thread here and look at my jetting. My bike has zero pop on decel and a good pilot jet for most of us is the 48, you might want to try something leaner depending on your personal altitude, the pilot circit should be the culprit when it comes to deceleration. Check out the jetting database thread..

Congrats on the pipe, I love mine too.. Huge power gains everywhere and not as loud as I thought it would be.. The quiet cap will be a great addition to your gear bag...

:naughty: Dan