Odometer Setup

I e-mailed Husqvarna USA with my question on setting up the correct WS number in the odometer and received this info from Rob Keith, GM, Husqvarna USA / Cagiva USA:

Section 4- Odometer Operation

Setting the Wheel Size (WS)

1- All WR and TE models are built with a 21" front wheel fitted with a Michelin Enduro

Comp I11 90190-2 1. The wheel size for stock bikes is 1388mm. Enter 1388 as the wheel

size.

Recalculation will be required if a different profile tire is used. To recalculate simply

measure the wheel height, in mm. Height x 3.14 : 1.61. This is the Circumference.

The time (CLK) must not be displayed when entering wheel size. The blue button selects

the mode.

2- Flip the display over, and press the small button on the upper right. You will need a

pencil or small screwdriver to press this button. You should see the wheel size display.

WS will be flashing in the upper right, along with the first digit.

-The yellow button will increase the flashing number.

-The blue button moves the selected field.

3- Enter 1388, press the blue button again to adjust from KMH to MPH.

4- Press the set button on the back of the unit to accept the entered info.

Setting the Clock (CLK)

The clock is set using a similar procedure to setting wheel size.

To set the clock:

1- Press the blue button to select the clock display.

2- Press the reset button on the back of the unit until the display flashes.

3- Adjust the clock using the blue and yellow buttons.

4- Press the set button on the back of the unit to accept the entered data.

Reset Functions

There are 4 resetable counters.

-Trip (TRP)

-Average Speed (AVS)

-Stop Watch (STP)

-Maximum Speed (MAX)

To reset any of the displays:

1 - Select the desired display.

2- Hold down the yellow button for approximately 5 sec., or until the display zeros.

Hope this helps out,

Mfortie

The odometer is programmed for kmh and does not recalculate itself when you want to use it in mph

I am using a michelin comp4 and for mph have set the 'WS' at 1346 because I ride with low pressure in the tyre (this has the effect of a smaller circumference) and it matches all my mates readings on their speedo's when riding at the side.

Try this,

Find the true circumference of your tyre by positioning the bike with the front tyre valve at the bottom and chalk a mark on the road next to it, sit on your bike and push it forward until the valve has done a complete turn and chalk another mark on the road next to it, then measure the distance in mm mine was 2167.

Divide this figure by 1.61 and I got 1346. :naughty:

RickyT

04te250

in the UK

How come the manual says 2223 for WR/TE models on 04's? is there a difference with the 05 models?

That's why I e-mailed Husqvarna USA directly; mine's a '05 and that's what the manual sez... (2223)

The GM sent me back the above info which also gives a formula for calc'ing different tire sizes. I also thought it might have something to do with the metric - standard conversion. I prefer good ole MPH, standard US measuremnts. Don't think I'll ever get used to metric... :naughty:

• 1 year later...
Mfortie

The odometer is programmed for kmh and does not recalculate itself when you want to use it in mph

Try this, Find the true circumference of your tyre.....

Divide this figure by 1.61 and I got 1346. :applause:

RickyT

04te250

in the UK

Thanks, Now I need to decide KMH or MPH for my new '05 TE510:confused:

If 1388mm is the wheel circumference,this makes the diameter 441mm.Whereas on my '04 TE it is around 700mm, giving a circumference of about 2200mm,similar to what the manual states. What's this dividing by 1.61 all about?

What's this dividing by 1.61 all about?

I can't speak for other years. But, I put a battery in the trip computer, entered 2223 tire circumference, and changed kph to mph into my '05 TE510. The resulting cruising speed was 145 MPH:crazy:

I came here and found the trip computer doesn't make the necessary recalculation for miles per hour. You have to do it manually by adjusting your tire circumference input. See the little flashy thing on the handlebar:

135424408-M-2.jpg

The 1.61 comes from 1.609344 kilometers in one mile.

Now, I am only using excessive speed.:applause:

But, more important, the odometer is now accurate.:eek:

• Like 1